Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking on ebay for the s15 headlights they are like 600 us or more. i found the cheap abs lights like the mx6 halos, but for the s15 but they are 375 usd i will not pay that much for those pieces of crap if they end up as bad as my halos did.

but anyways how much would i be able to get the s15 lights for, anybody have a legit spot to order from that is not 600 usd?

I was looking for lights conversions and this is the only one that i haven't found done that would look good on the mx6. and loads of people want to see it done.

I would be more then willing to do it but need the money, i am willing to pay up to 300 usd plus shipping. in april for them.
anybody can help me out and find a place then let me know. also are there any photoshops of this conversion other than the one in the headlight and taillights conversion thread?

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Maybe try a nissan/240sx forum. Those guys are always wrecking those things during drift events. You should be able to pick up a set for less than $600.

And I don't think there are any other pictures of that swap or I would probably have them on my PC.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yea i seem the sale for around $600+.... No one hasdone this conversion yet only photshop has done it haha.. cant wait to see it done... But will you be doing the front end as well i thing that would look best.. Have you found a bodyshop? I can help shop around for cheaper pricing for the headlights but mainly for like $600. welsee tho:tup:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Yea i seem the sale for around $600+.... No one hasdone this conversion yet only photshop has done it haha.. cant wait to see it done... But will you be doing the front end as well i thing that would look best.. Have you found a bodyshop? I can help shop around for cheaper pricing for the headlights but mainly for like $600. welsee tho:tup:
:tup: +1, a front clip conversion would look 100x better than just a headlight conversion.

Or u can just get jspecs and paint them black :angel:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i win !!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks i have seen them as low as $525 now. i will just have to wait until april and see if i want to afford it or just get j specs.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Best bet would probably be e-specs or jspecs right now, silva s15 headlights are always gonna be pretty expensive especially with the drift craze still around.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i have been trying to find a place to make a one piece clear plastic lense but didn't have any luck yet. so i am going to attempt to make my own lens with acrylic and a vacum forming table. only thing that sucks is i got to get a set of stock headlights before i can do this.

i am going to buy a set of the nicest looking cheap halo lights from ebay then cut them apart to mod them into the mx6 headlights. with the clear lens.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I just ripped off my halo headlights, the brackets are busted but the front face is still in good condition if you wanna buy them.

·
Registered
954 Posts
yeah i have been trying to find a place to make a one piece clear plastic lense but didn't have any luck yet. so i am going to attempt to make my own lens with acrylic and a vacum forming table. only thing that sucks is i got to get a set of stock headlights before i can do this.

i am going to buy a set of the nicest looking cheap halo lights from ebay then cut them apart to mod them into the mx6 headlights. with the clear lens.
u might find this thread useful for making one-piece plastic lenses

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-appearance-mods/215388-artemis-spec-retro-build-underway-pics.html

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Your best bet is to get them on yahoo auctions and use a third party (look up my how to) to buy them for you. Shipping should be less than $100.

Here is a pair for $200 - Yahoo!¥ª¡¼¥¯¥·¥ç¥ó - £Ó15¡¡¥·¥ë¥Ó¥¢¡¡¥Ï¥í¥²¥ó¡¡º¸±¦¥Ø¥Ã¥É¥é¥¤¥È

to find others on there, search for "s15 ヘッドライト"

or you can splurge and get these for a steal at $1500-

Yahoo!¥ª¡¼¥¯¥·¥ç¥ó - Á´¿·Éʨ·è¡ªÆü»ºS15½ãÀµ¥Ø¥Ã¥É¥é¥¤¥ÈCCFLÁõÃåºÑ¡ýA¡Çssy¥¿¥¤¥×S

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thoses lights are the same corner area as the mx6. i think it is just a photoshop over the original mx6 headlights, not changing the size just the look, then gong over the top with the hood.

·
Registered
16 Posts
fornt end/ headlights

Try eclipse halo projectors saw a cheap pair on craigslist for like 300$ they looked like they were in very good condition.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts