Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
i used a 92-95 civic pod, it fits 99%. there is a little gap from our pillar being smaller than the civics but the pod still looks good, i got an autometer pod if it helps. when i get a chance ill take some pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,821 Posts
I really like that! I was trying to do it today and then realized that I need longer lines for my guages. I guess I can wait a couple of weeks. Thanks for the idea!

626-to-MX-6 said:
This may not be the best way,,, but it take me some time to do it.

Boost on the right ... A/F on the left

And parking sensor covering the Fuel reader :cool:

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,927 Posts
SinCity said:
Where did you guys get the A-pillar mounts for the gauges? And are they made specifiacally for the MX-6? Thanks.
I used a 92-95 Civic pod made by Autometer which fits quite nicely. This doesn't appear to be the case when using it on the Probe however, and also doesn't appear to be the case when using anything but Autometer.
 

·
I knows sumpthin
Joined
·
8,277 Posts
I mounted mine on the right side of the gague cluster in my '89 PGT. Of course now it's been moved up and has an AEM UEGO WideBand gague under it...



It's more in the same plane of view as the other gagues, and I'm always looking at the fuel center computer anyway, and less 'LOOK AT ME' obvious to people on the outside :)

Laters
Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Boost Guage install 1988 MX-6 GT

I installed a boost guage! It's a little hard to see when driving sadly. Got a new stereo the other day, a Dual brand BT/USB receiver for $50 (didn't want anything $$$ in this car) and had a din size hole to fill. I purchased a new gauge pod for the pillar which I didn't quite like. So, I purchased a single din guage plate that was able to be attached to the double din stereo adapter kit included with the stereo. I did install pretty fast and before I knew it, it was done without to many pics. I routed the vacuum tube through the rubber grommet under the glovebox. Was very easy to route it vs through drivers side. I Tee'd the green dashed line by simply adding a small piece of tubing to one side of the tee. No cutting. Plug and play. The hardest part was adapting the barb to vacuum line (brass bits) Here's some pics.






I plan on adding some protective sheathing to the hose. I did try and route the vacuum hose through another 3/8" id hose, but that didn't work out unfortunately(too long of run).
 
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Top