Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '93 MX6 has orange side markers just in front of the front wheels (don't all north american 2nd gen's?) Anyway, they were both out so I looked in the owners manual and bought the correct replacement bulbs. I had some trouble prying them out (they were very tight and I ended up knicking the paint), and I found that there were no bulbs in them!?! They have the holes with slots for the bulb housings to twist into, but I didn't see any sign of wiring for lights behind the fenders on either side? I find this quite odd as the side markers on the back end light up, and there are instructions in the owners manual on replaceing these bulbs. Should there be bulbs here? or were there any models that didn't come with them - could it be because it's a Canadian model?
I also had lots of trouble getting the clips to align when reinstalling them. The only way I could get them back on was to bend the clips, and now they are quite loose.

·
Registered
127 Posts
AM i dumb???

Are talking about the ones in the bumper or the ones in the fender ??? I have seen them in both locations.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like these ones...

Ok, I'm not totally sure if these are really called side markers, but I'm referring to the small oval lights just in front of the front wheel, like this picture of Optima's car shows (his appear to be lit up in this photo).

I see that your car does not have these lights, I guess they're only on LS's. Also, dig_dug_mx6, you need to fix the back slash in your home page link in your sig to a forward slash, and then get rid of the 2 empty spaces after it ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
side markers

i just changed both my bulbs and ended up nicking the paint on both ends as well. It's really a pain, especially since it's supposed to be owner accessible and it's in the manual. Of course they don't say to use a screwdriver, it's just a dumb vague diagram. The dealer must have some strong suction cup or something.
Anyway, if the markers are there, they should light up. check further back inside the fender and see if they fell in, or perhaps a previous owner had some body work done and they left it out? Good luck with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts