Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it right by the engine coolant temp. sensor by any chance? I just dont see the knock sensor messing up that much. I remeber last time my car was at the shop they were messing with the engine coolant sensor and around that area. It just makes me wonder if they just accidentally unplugged some wire or something, cause that happened once with the IAC, and i was going to replace it but it turned out it was just unplugged.

if thats not the case, and it came to replacing the sensor, how hard would it be?

·
Registered
550 Posts
It is in the valley. Under the fuel rails. you can see the wire for it comeing into the same harness that the tps wires into. Or atleast mine does.

Reactions: undisputable

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so its on the passanger side at the V of the engine right beneath the IM...then thats right around where the engine coolant sensor is. Just as i thought.

Anyways thanks, karma to you both....actually NickR i got to spread some before i can give you more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The engine coolant sensor is at the front of the engine. The knock sensor is right in the middle under IM. There is a plate with a hole in it where the knock sensor is. I had to change mine, it's a pain in the arse. The connector is right around the TPS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts