Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing quite a few people have this nice little toy. Where does everyone have thiers mounted? Mine is on my steering column centered behind my steering wheel (where lots of people mount turbo timers). I'll have to post a pic, sometime. What about everyone else?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Mine is partially hidden. I am not sure if a stock MX6 has this or not, but down below the stereo, on the very bottom right above the little tray molded into the shifter console, there is a little opening with a black plastic tray that pops out. I have an aftermarket CD player in there and am not sure if that came with my install kit or not (it came with the car, I didn't install it). I wired the wires and vac. line to that and cut a hole just big enough for the ProfecB to fit, then hooked up the wires and vac. line and voila! I can take a pic in a day or two. The car is finally at the shop to have the FE rebuilt and re-installed.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I have mine mounted right up the ac vent,its next to the greddy rebic 4.if you need pic i can post one.

·
Registered
97 Posts
how did you guys hide your wires?Mine is mounted to teh left of teh steering column. But all the wires and that huge vac. laie make it look really bad.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
91 boosting by said:
how did you guys hide your wires?Mine is mounted to teh left of teh steering column. But all the wires and that huge vac. laie make it look really bad.
okay them i will post pic,i cut the middle ac vent and run the wire and vacuum line through in there.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have a pic of mine if you are interested. I ran it all through my firewall right above the gas pedal, then tucked it behind the plastic cover that hides the ecu. The wiring actually goes in behind my stereo and comes through just below it. But when I put it all back in and all I pushed the wiring back in so no one can see it. I think it came out pretty good.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't a have a profec b, but I have a hks evc III and it looks like I'm the only one that customize mine to fit in the space where the ash tray 'use to be'. It also has the hks type O timer sitting on top of it, pretty neath, but it took some time for me to run it there with the wire harnesses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts