Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to buy a 3 pillar and get 3 guages. im going to get oil pressure for sure, and a/f ratio. what should the 3rd one be? i have a big system so i was thinking volts? any input helps. i also have indiglo blue guages, so what series is best looking?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and also should i get electrical or mechanical? what ones better? Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well have you done mods to your engine? Usually people match what guages they buy to what they have done to their motor. For example somone running nos would fill the 3 pod with nitrous,boost and air fuel but if your just getting it for looks I think they best 3rd one would be exhaust temp. And get cobalt blue's by autometer they are nice thats what I have.

·
Registered
148 Posts
the C2's from autometer are awesome. if you don't have nos or boost, get a voltage one. you also definately want electrical. i've heard that the mechanical ones, though acurate, can be dangerous....

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
electric require electric senders...wich need to be applicable to the car. There safer because they only require a wire going to the sender to the gauge.

A mechanical gauge taps into places like the coolant,oil,vacuum, and the tap runs to the gauge.
I have a mechanical oil psi gauge....The oil actually flows throught a tube from the engine to the gauge inside my car, Its not safe at all, i had the teflon tube break once and decided to get a copper tube instead.

Electric cost more. $$$, a mechanical is more accurate, and you wont have to worry about bad senders.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
you should get one that measures boost.

that would also require your car to be boosted...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Sh0gunMX said:
Well have you done mods to your engine? Usually people match what guages they buy to what they have done to their motor. For example somone running nos would fill the 3 pod with nitrous,boost and air fuel but if your just getting it for looks I think they best 3rd one would be exhaust temp. And get cobalt blue's by autometer they are nice thats what I have.
Why would you need a boost gauge for nitrous? Would it work or woul it just bounce back and forth everytime you rev it it goes to 0?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts