Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i own a 1993 mazda mx6 ls i was wondering which hi flow cat is the best one for my car. I know random technology has one but this place by my house in NY has one called Katco 2 1/2 inches, its 189.99 inclusing installation and the random technology is about 150 maybe more and i would have to order it and install myself which shouldnt be a problem but hey 1789.99 they will do it should i take that one or not

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dude, get a catco 4540 from Summit Racing. It will take a few days to get there, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper. As for installing it, it's a prety straight forward process. You should be able to do it yourself if you wanted to. I think it took me all of 15 minutes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I ordered a random technology cat from lightning motorsports in GA on tues of lastweek and i got it on friday. I will be putting it on this weekend.

Adsmx6

G

·
I've really heard nothing but good things about the random tech cat, and am thinking about getting one, tho I don't really expect much of performance gains. Anyway replacing the cat is pretty straightforeward, make sure you soak all the bolts in WD-40 or whatever you have a few times for about 15 minutes each time. Then it's just a matter of getting off those bolts and bolting in the new one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think a universal one would be good i would want one thats made for my car, i can get it for 189 bucks installed, i can do the installation most likley. is katco better than random technology

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the hi flow cat a lone is 89 bucks so thats a good price and radom technology is 150 or more but which is better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts