Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I said before that I was going to buy some Audiobahn subs for my car. I found two 12's on eBay for $189.99. But the problem is is that I would still have to get an amp and that would cost some more money. But then I was looking at this site and I found a deal that sounds pretty good to me. It includes a brand new Legacy 800 watt x 1 or 400 watt x 2 chrome amp with remote chrome bass boost controller with built in adjustable crossover. It also comes with 2 12 inch chrome Legacy 700 watt subs and a dual 12 inch bandpass box with plexi-view panel. That whole package is priced at $179.99. I know that sounds good but would the Legacy sound better then the Audiobahn subs with an amp, or should I spend the extra money?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am inclined to agree with Greg don't short change your self. Get the audiobahns. If you buy cheap I bet that you will spend more in the long run trying to replace the cheap shit. Since you are looking on ebay check out the amp sections. but do searches under certain brands.})

·
Registered
475 Posts
I never thought legacy were too bad. Where did u get this deal man?

G

·
Audio all the way

I install systems all the time and audio's are what i have and let me tell those subs are worth every penny but find out what ohm they are mine are 8 and that gives great deepness. Now as far as the amp goes that legacy 800x1 should provide you with enough power just make sure that your in-line wire and your ground wire are about a 4 gauge so to give all the power you can also make your ground wire as short as possible that will give you a lil more power...good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Legacy Deal

Hey I got the deal from AudioDealer.com. It's listed under Car Audio Specials. It doesn't say anything about ohms but there's the link to check it out. I really would like your input on this I need your help. I kind of just want to go for the cheaper deal cuz I'm not looking to spend that much money like some people do on their car. I can do without the glass shattering bass just enough that it sounds good is fine with me. Does this mean I should go for the Legacy deal?

·
Registered
321 Posts
that is pretty cheap. If you really don't care then I would say buy it. I would check out the warrenty stuff first. Well hell it is only 189 bucks. if it breaks you can just replace it. It is your car and your money. But it would not be my first choice no matter the price. Good Luck!!!!!})

G

·
BEST SPEAKERS

GO WITH HI-FONICS SPEAKERS AND AMPS -THIS IS WHAT I HAVE [ 2SET OF 5.25" COMPONENT SPEAKERS (1) SET IN FRONT (1) SET IN BACK, (2)-12" HIFONICS SUBS "TITANS" THE RMS ON THE SUBS BOX SAYS 1700W RMS IDK IF THAT IS TRUE BUT THEN AGAIN THEY ARE DUAL MAGNET 2 OHM DVC SPEAKERS , I ALSO HAVE A 1 FARAD CAPACITOR W/4 GA. CABLE THAT'S ALL I HAVE AND MY SYSTEMS IS HEARD FROM AFAR .HOPE YOU GET THIS SET-UP I AM SURE YOU WILL BE HAPPY.

G

·
ALMOST FORGOT I HAVE THE (THOR) AMP POWERING MY SUBS AND THE (Z44O) PUSHING MY COMPONENTS ,,,BUT IF PRICE IS AN ISSUE THEN GO WITH SOMETHING ELSE . BUT REMEMBER {YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR}

1 - 10 of 10 Posts