Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the Ls is much faster, but should I get a Ls with 130k miles or i could get a 4 cylinder with 90k miles. which should i do?
Are the 4 banger models unbearbly slow? is it faster than my car now (96 dodge neon sport). and yes i know that my car sucks ass but it wasn't my choice, my parents bought it for my sister new and it has been handed down to me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
don't worry too much about the mileage IF it was taken care of. i personally bought the 2.0L b/c of the great gas mileage. i easily get 35 MPG on the highway. if gas prices mean anything get the 2.0L. they're also easier to work on things like VCG, timing belt, etc. mine's got plenty of kick for a 4 banger. it suprised me when i drove it home b/c i made it up this long hill in 5th gear that i have to downshilft in with other cars.

the bigs things i miss with the 4 banger are the lack of fog lights, no ABS (hard to find option on a 2.0) which means rear drums, and the small 14" rims.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
if i'm not mistaken...

the 4-cyl. is much easier to boost. there are space issues with the rear exhaust manifold on a v6. (am i way off here?)

seriously though, i think more important than 4 or 6 cyl, (and most people would agree) is that you should try to get a manual transmission (and avoid an ATX) if possible. the manual is much more fun to drive and has a better reliability record.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Re: if i'm not mistaken...

Neon Sport?!?! get the 4 and you wont even be wasting your gas on neons. youll be looking for V6 camaros and mustangs...

med_mx6 said:
the 4-cyl. is much easier to boost. there are space issues with the rear exhaust manifold on a v6. (am i way off here?)
Boost? if you mean t/c, s/c, yes, of course. Steal? hell no.

i can only presume you meant the former b/c you mention space issues and exhaust manifolds. of course, the 4 is easier to work on as well as cheaper. maintenence, mods.. cheaper and easier. may i add that the 6 doesnt take well to mods. the only thing i desire from the LS is read disc brakes, which i can swap without much trouble.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts