Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Which Generation is faster then the other?

• First Gen Mx6

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Second Gen Mx6

Votes: 10 50.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what people thought was the fastest generation first gen Mx6 or 2 gen Mx6

·
Registered
511 Posts
i believe in stock form the turbo first gen is slightly faster, but the 2nd gen handles better. but a turbo can be cheaply modded for more HP.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was actually lucky enough to own both a 1st gen and 2nd gen. I still have my 91 GT (obviously) but we had to sell the 93 LS because sport cars don't do well in 3 feet of snow. Anyhow, I think that stock they're pretty close. I know the 1st gen turbo has great torque and does a great job of hauling ass but the 93 LS started screaming when the revs got up by +3500. It had a great sound to it when you had it pinned. The 93 was actually my wife's car but she would have never raced me against my 91. She's not wild about stuff like that. I think it would be a close race. Both cars have their pluses. I wish now I would have had a friend take her car and race me in it to see which one would have come out on top. Anybody raced a 1st gen turbo with a 2nd gen LS?

·
Registered
342 Posts
definatly fist gen. the best time i have seen for a first gen are 15.3 (2ws on PULP) 15.5 (4ws).
And 15.8 (2ws) 15.9 (4ws)for second gen.

Before my mum bought her series 6, she had a 95 mx6 2ws 2.5 V6 5-Speed. it wass a sweet car!!!:) not much wheelspin but a nice little chirp into second. at the time i had my 90 gt Auto. my brother and i used to race them. the second gen would get the jump (3 grand dump) off the line but once going the turbo would only slightly get ahead.( prob dead even down the quarter!). When i got my 91 tubo 5 speed they where the same in first and second(due too the turbo wheelspinning) but all over by third gear as the turbo pulled away. in all rolling starts the turbo would pull away convincingly. but dam i miss that car as it was a better all round package and that motor would sing sing sing!!;) to 7000! it was butter smooth and like a sewing machine.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
0-60mph gen one (GT) does in 7.4 seconds, gen two in 7.9 seconds.......the GT hatch does in 7.6.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well it depends on how the race is happening.. because 1st gens are quicker off the line, due to their greater amounts of torque and lighter body (i think).. but 2nd gens would catch up on 2nd for sure.. that's why the 1/4 mile times are close

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I believe the second gen is because i own one!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Which MX6 is faster first or second Generation?
Well "Faster" implies speed not acceleration…...Stock ,Second Gen wins hands down! :) It has a higher top speed .;).

·
Registered
734 Posts
W/ LIGHT mods.. .I'd go for the first gen... the second one has the potential and looks better but you can't beat a factory turbo for easy modding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts