Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's got to be quite a few of you that have replaced them. Well, I'm next. Standard ignition seem to have the cheapest ones, but I just ones that are the right ones. Which ones have you guys tried and which ones work?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Why?

What does the O2 sensor do? My car keeps stalling is this why?
Cya.
Claeren.
--------------
Canadian '93LS

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm not real good with this car yet. I just got it really. But it can be. What an O2 sensor does is send codes and crap to the computer. If yours don't work right then usually to much fuel is being sent to you car. Which will cause carbon build up and bad gas mileage. Not to mention that disgusting smell from it clogging your cat.:( There's also an idle screw you might want to mess with on your throttle body. When I bought the car the guy said there was a bunch of stuff wrong with it. Such as the idle. The only problem was the idle screw. It was idling like at 1,500 rpms and that's when it was all warmed up. That was easy! Search for topics on O2 sensors you'll find basically anything you need to know! Hope that helps!

Now, can anybody answer my question?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, since nobody helped out. I went ahead and bought the Standard Ignition universal ones. They cost $47 or so. Putting them in is real straight forward. It just requires splicing the wires. Just search for Installing 02 Sensors. I'm sure a lot will come up. I just hope these just screw in and I don't have to sauder. That would suck:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
well i had to change my 02 sensors and i used bosch and they worked fine. i know u can go through the dealer but i wouldnt too expensive for the person with the stalling problems tell me the exact problem because i know about cars especiilay this one and i can most likely help you out.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =(

MX64U2Catch please see if you can't help on this one. I don't know if you were talking to me or the first post but anyways...
I was driving along and I accelerated, not hard or anything, and the car reved and then stalled, all the dash lights came on, and I couldn't restart it, although the car seemed to almost. About 40min later I tried it again and then it did start but it stalled again about 500m later. What would you think are my most likely options?
Any help is greatly appreciated,
Claeren.
------------------
Canadian '93LS

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Re: Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =(

Claeren said:
MX64U2Catch please see if you can't help on this one. I don't know if you were talking to me or the first post but anyways...
I was driving along and I accelerated, not hard or anything, and the car reved and then stalled, all the dash lights came on, and I couldn't restart it, although the car seemed to almost. About 40min later I tried it again and then it did start but it stalled again about 500m later. What would you think are my most likely options?
Claeren.
------------------
Canadian '93LS
Claeren,

See my web site and visit the "Disty Fix" page. I suspect you'll find all the information you need regarding your problem there.

G

·
Re: Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =(

Claeren said:
Claeren.
------------------
Canadian '93LS
I am almost sure that I know what your problem is. It is most likely your distributor. These cars have a lot of problems with distributors. When the cars gets warm, like if you accelerate fast, the car shuts off and all of your dash lights will come on. If you give it a couple of minutes it will start back up. This happened to me about a year ago on my 94 ls. The part is around 200-300 rebuilt. Good luck man. I hope that this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts