Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was all set to order a set of Miata wires, but then I read in a few different posts that they're too tall. What works then?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll settle for a nice set of OEM NGK or Yazaki wires. If high performance wires dont cost much more I'll go with those instead. I'm currently searching New Zealand parts distributors to see who'll send a set of wires to me :) Not sure what kind of car I should be searching for. 1990 Capella 2.0? 1994 Capella wagon? 626??

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
any of the above, but the wagon doesnt always have the motor in it, also persona 88 and telstar 88- 90 or so. make sure you specify dohc 16v and fe. because although they are common, so are the 12v and 8v variants.

fred.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I emailed a Mazda dealership in NZ. Asking for a quote on plug wires for a 95 GV Capella 2.0 FE DOHC. He quoted me $97 NZ shipped. So that's pretty cheap. I think I'll probably go for it. I also e-mailed a top gun dealer but they havent gotten back to me yet.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually made my first international phone call today (not including Canada) and spoke to Mark, a pleasant bloke at the Mazda dealer down under and ordered a set of wires. He says I should get them about 5 days from Monday, which is quicker than i figured. This is good because now I found a place I can get FE3 specific parts rather easily. Hmm... I wonder if they still have factory floormats over there?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Jah1mon said:
Hope shipping costs are not killer?
as long as your are not in a hurry and ask to lable the items as a gift with a low value, its for some items a cheap way to have them delivered to your door.
low valeu and gift marking is very very important, this is to prevent yourself from getting high custom bills.
(ive had this in the past when doing overseas shipping for the 1st time)

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just received them the other day actually. Total cost in USD was about $70. He did send them via air but they got held up in customs for a while so it took about 2 weeks to reach me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts