Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Need a new hose to replace this one in the pic. It is coming from the manifold and into the engine. Does anyone know what radiator hose this is and what part number it is with mazda. Additionally, with my dodgy measure to stop leaks, if anything is turned on/off in the car, will it leak more or less.

From drivers side front corner....

From above, close up....

Thanks for any help,

Shaun.

·
Registered
123 Posts
HAHAHAH thats theexactsame onethat split on mine1 week ago.

hard to find teh exact hose and im NOT gonan get a genuine item so i went to supercheap and got some fuel hose the exact same size.

its almost exactly the same and thick enough.ill keep aneyeon it buti dont think there will be a problem.

onlu $2.50!!!!! and get 2 clamps too!:E

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx lino,

That hose is the third radiator hose thgat has gone in the last 6 months. They must be good friends, when one jumps ship, the rest just follow.

Still interested in the mazda part number though, either i go and hock a fuel hose or get raped by mazda. I have done both before but I really dont have time to chop and change, just love to get the one made for the job.

shaun.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Just go to mazda they'll have a drawing & the part # on microfish. I replced the IM hose a while back & it was only a couple of bucks. That one the Turbo water hose I think need to be the right (genuine) hose to get the bends right. Stop being a tight arse:D

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Crsuty that hoes is a rare one it's not on all of the drawings mazda has.

Look at this my Mx-6 does not have it - I bought the complete hose kit $300 for it and had it all changed oil-cooler and all the by-pass hoses.

On the Wagon that went and it is not part of the kit from mazda it's not listed. I had it go 3 days after getting them all changed and pressure tested.
Best thing to do is find a 8mm dia intenral of some hose at super cheap with similar bend in it.

It's not even listed in the Australian workshop manual or diagrams ??? why who knows. it's not consistant either.

My car does not have it but Wagon does
both autos but one N/A one turbo?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
hmmmm....seems I should look before I type.
I just checked my engine, I don't have that hose either, or the other one shown.
I've got a hose that runs out the back of the manifold under the plenum which is a total biatch to change.
Mines a 89, is it a 90-91 thing?

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
you would think it's a series 2 oward bit - but again it's not consitant I remember seeing a pic of S1 4ws manual with it

all i know is it allows the water back into the manifold or out but most that have still have the hose that come out of the back of the manifold. weird stuff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts