Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know which wire i need to cut for the IAT mod? i know where it is located but there are like 4 or 5 wires there, so what color is it? thanks

G

·
0 Posts
ok, i had this problem and i posted it to probetalk. we determined my car was african american modified (sorry for that sad slang). i had the wrong colors on the vaf plug, so i cut the solid black wire, since black denotes ground. not a thing. screw the wire colors! @- just hack into the wire that is twords the front of the car...on my car, it was tan w/ black stripe. its supposed to be gray w/ black stripe! you didnt mention what year your car was? i got a 93 626...and it is an ATX, right? well, good luck.

btw, mine works great, its fun freaking people when a 626 with an auto tears up the tires from 1st to 2nd! hehehehehe

G

·
0 Posts
ok, the IAT mod is for the V6 ATX cars, as far as i know. what happens is, the cars have this luxury shift crap, that cuts the gas between gears so it isnt a hard shift. what the IAT mod does, it cuts into the ground wire for the intake air temp sensor, so you can kill the sensor at any time. interrupting the ground to the IAT, will trigger a CEL, but along with that, it disables the luxury shift, so the gas stays flowing between gears. it shifts real hard, and real fast! i keep tearing the tires up between 1st and 2nd. the fast shift between 1st and 2nd, also helps the tranny, the less slipping between gears, the less heat! less heat = better! it also increases the line pressure in the tranny, and im guessing thats a good thing too! hope this clears it up! @-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts