Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
if you have an mtx my beat is on you. we've had a Stealth R/T auto lose to a Neon mtx with exhaust and intake. needless to say the kid was so embarrassed he went out and bought the twin turbo Stealth.

solar

·
Registered
139 Posts
what??
Isnt the stealth R/T the 320hp, AWD, twin turbo variant of the mitsubishi 3000GT VR4?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope

The Stealth R/t has a n/a engine. it puts out 220 horses. There is also the Stealth R/t TT (Twin Turbo) which is the AWD 320 hp car.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
id say mtx stealth....a very close race.

solar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is NO such thing as a Stealth "r/t N/A". The n/a stealth is an ES or a base. And an MX-6 LS mtx could easily take an n/a stealth mtx.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nope! There IS a Stealth R/T. There's base model... ES and R/T have the same engines... and there's the R/T Turbo. The race would be close. I'm not too sure.. whoever gets the better launch would win I'm assuming. The Stealth R/T weighs just a little more than the 3000GT and some ppl on here have said they can or have beat 3000GT's before.

·
Registered
231 Posts
626-- Sealths suck ass unless its the RT/TT that is what the twin turbos are called. I have a friend with a R/t sealth. i also have a mx6 LS mtx and i kicked his ass. GO for it KICK SOME ASS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If they're both 5spd's then the Stealth would win by almost a full second to 60. I own both a 97 Probe GTS and a 95 Stealth RT, both 5 spd. My Stealth is about 0.5 to .75 sec faster to 60 then the Probe. I don't have any experiences with the mx6 but I've been told the mx6 is a little slower than the probe in stock form. I know they're virtually the same car but I'm not sure exactly what the drivetrain differences are if any (gearing).

PS: I'm a regular on both www.3si.org and www.probetalk.com, both are good resources about Probe's (I'd imagine mx6's too) and Stealths/3k's.

Ted

·
Registered
231 Posts
Then your probe has got some probs because my best friend has a r/t sealth and we used to race alll the time and i never lost to him. And yes he was just as good as a driver as i was. And the MX6 is actually lighter than the probe which makes up for the gearing. I have also raced a probe stock vs my stock mx6 and i beat him in the end by about a 1/4 of a car lenght and we traded cars and it came out about the same. FYI

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No problems with the Probe. It's my second actually, I replaced a 94 with the 97. Stealth weights about 300-400 pounds more but has 60+ more HP and is geared nicer IMHO. I have no trouble beating stock or BPU Probe GT's or MX6's with the Stealth RT N/A....But you can believe what you wish to believe...

222HP and ~3250 pounds .vs. 161hp and ~2900 pounds - pretty obvious to me.

Ted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
91-93 Stealths came with a Base (SOHC ~160hp), ES (DOHC ~222hp) and a RT/TT (DOHC TT ~300hp)
then at 94+ the ES got rebadged as the RT (DOHC ~222hp)
and the RT/TT (DOHC ~320hp) got extra 20hp (boost raised) and
a 6spd manual tranny. all TT stealths have AWD.

laterz
BillNutz

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi all!! I'd like to take a moment and say I am the proud owner od BOTH a 1989 MX6 and a Dodge Stealth RT n/a.

We've baan having alot of discussion on the engines offered for the Stealth/3000GT twins here , and it seems that from 1991-1994 the Base(ES) and RT came with the DOHC 222hp plant and there was a 320HP TT version also.

Apparently after that the base models went to a 164HP engine with the RT and TT keeping their respecive HP numbers. Please follow the link above to get a better idea of what Im saying.

As for a newer MX6 vs a Stealth RT n/a with 222HP, i personally can testify that I;ve had very close races with some people, and others, well, .... not so close. The MX6's that I was close with we sarted from a stop, and the ones that were'nt really close we went from a roll.

This is in no way to flame anyone whasoever, just a friendly observation!

Med

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aren't you the same guy that was talking trash about 3/S cars in our forum....

Thats sad........you bring a bad name for your whole community........:(

As far as the N/A VS. the MX6LS......well you have two choices the 2nd GEN base SOHC with 160+hp or the DOHC 222hp(R/T or SL).....the first one it might depends on the driver.Who ever drives better would win since the hp and the weight ratio seems pretty close.....but for the N/A R/T......stock VS. stock you wouldn't had a chance.....if you're modded than its a different story......but again if the R/T is modded too then you have to go and play catch up again.....

For the VR4.....don't even bother mentioning this.....Popular Mechanic race a stock 99VR4 and cross the trap with [email protected]1mph not even a stock supra run this times.......and you said you come close to a VR4:rolleyes:.....our car might not as fast as Supra's at BPU(they response to mods better) but can still spank fairly amount of a$$ on the street including yours:rolleyes:;)

Sorry for the first introduction on this board if i offend other members.......but if you guys have question about 3/S cars feel free to ask.....the only reason the 3/S cars were under dog was because the lack of performance parts available for our cars.....unlike the Supra's and RX7 that you can get the whole 9yards of the HKS shelf.....but for stock VS. stock......we can say bring it on for just about everything on the street;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts