Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

White Dials

1K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Willr 
#1 · (Edited)
White Dials - Group Buy?

Just so this doesn't get lost in the thread. Dials are $22.98 (about £13.85) and waiting for shipping cost.

So far i have the following who want them:

Willr (manual)
666 (manual)
StuartMX6 (auto)
ZEKEY (auto)
Einstein (manual)

I'll keep this page updated as and when.

Will

#2 ·
Hi Will mate, Goe to page two or three of the board and you should find your answer there, it was discussed not long ago i think, if that helps??i dont no about dials........

Stu
ps How bout going to rymans or WHS and get a bottle of tipex for £1 and paint em white :)@- @- @-

#3 ·
ps How bout going to rymans or WHS and get a bottle of tipex for £1 and paint em white
Damn you Stu, you've discovered my plan...

I did a search on white dials, but didn't turn anything up, so thanks for looking for me :D

Maybe I should change my sig soon??

Will

#4 ·
Will

Sorry m8 but you won't get white dials in this country for the 6 pre usual, they have to be shipped in from the states :(.

These are the 1 we had in our car >>

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=MAZ-MX6-9397-WHXX-MTXX-GG6X

And had a friend buy them who lives there shipped to him in Florida, and he then turned the box inside out and shipped to me.

Think total cost including shipping was around £27, which is real cheap for these as they are nice on the car (Mike) i am sure will back that up :).

Dave also has a set on his but diff colour also very nice as well :).

Andy
PS i don't see them listed for the 92 mx6 now odd.

#5 ·
Cheers Andy, i had figured I'd only get them from the US!

I'll try these guys, but I think it's the same ones who wanted $35 for shipping... An email will sor that out!

About the '92 thing, I think it came out a bit later in the US, coz all the sites say 93-97?! It's the same as everyone elses though, honest :D :D

Will

#9 ·
Gonna do mine myself... Aparently it's not too hard!!

If you came down to Soton, we could do them both at the same time...

Cost is $22.98 plus shipping which I don't know yet, that's about £13.85. Hopefully the more ppl we get the less shipping will be, but they take a couple of days to respond to emails.

Like Andy said his were £27, which sounds about right to me. Bear in mind the last place i contacted wanted £21 for shipping!

If shipping is loads a could *probably* get them sent to my cousin in NY and get her to post them on, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

Will

#13 ·
i think i'm with ken on this one, i just started to fit my white dials, i'm hoping to get a replacement cluster tomorrow, i snapped 3 needles off. :damnmad:
I'm not doing any more mods
EVER
or at least until next week

#14 ·
axl

How on earth did you manage to snap 3 needles off m8 :(, it is a little fiddly, but it's not that hard :), sorry you had all the hassle m8.

To the rest who are getting dials, the hardest part is getting it to go over the centre part of the needles, sometimes a LITTLE!!!!! force is required and moving it round the centre helps, it will go over.

As i said before the only ones that will prove a bit harder is the temp & fuel one, i had to make the temp hole on the dial a little larger to get it over, as i think Dave had to as well, but it isn't to hard, oh 1 last thing they might not sit flush and you might have your temp gauge of fuel gauge sticking a little so DON'T put it all back together, till you have checked they are ALL working.

Andy

#16 ·
LOL!!

Like the dials John, can I get a set like yours!!!

John - Your 626 is a manual right??

ZEKEY - I need to know if its a Manual or auto transmtion as the dials are slightly different, cheers.

Still not heard back about the postage costs - mind you it has been the weekend...

Will

#18 ·
OK,

Got the price for the dials, we are looking at £28.21 each which includes delivery. I don't think that's too bad, when you consider the price for one.

Can everyone PM to confirm they want them, and I'll order this week. We can sort out the cash once they arrive.

Email from Procarparts below:

Your total for 5 gauges is $175.00. Shipping will cost $60.10. That is the best deal we can offer.
Cheers
Will

#19 ·
will

For these dials that is a great price :), the ones they sell over here just slide over your old dials, and do jack sh!t, and check the price of them out usually starting at around £30 odd , so these are good value :).

Andy

#20 ·
That's what I thought Andy, he's come back with a really good deal!

I checked the currency converter 3 times cuz I didn't belive the price it was coming out at!!!

:D :D

Will

#21 ·
will

See if they will post it in a plain box m8, as the box the dials are kept in has the pic of the dials platered all over it, and see if he will put the invoice inside the box, no import althought there won't be much on this .

Andy

#24 · (Edited)
The thing is tho Mike, I bet you paid more than £30 for the mew 6, so therefore i think it's more economically viable to just get the dials rather than a whole new car :D :D :D :D

Just to kepp you all updated, i have ordered the dials today, but got to send the money using an international money order, so going to the travel agents at lunch to sort it out.

Will

PS. Mike, do you think it's about time you changed your sig, somehow I don't think Andy's old 6 was anywhere near 'bog standard' @- :D :D @-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.