Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting these wheels soon for my red 93:

It comes in white and silver and I'm not sure what to get. I know white would look really distinctive, but I haven't really liked many of the red cars with white wheels that I have seen. I'm leaning towards just getting them in silver and painting my calipers white, but I'd like to hear your opinions on it!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
nice wheels man i like those, some people say the white would be ricey, to muc liek a honda boy if u know what i mean, but i like them on a 6 cause u dont see it often, the silver would look phat too, about the white calipers they would be black in like a week dude, think about that ( brake dust) well if u want to be differnt with your 6 get the white, i almost got some the enkei pr05 in white

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to get white rims for my car too. Have to wait till summer though. Will probably get the Konig Rated-R in white.
Oh yeah, I have a red MX too.

[Edited by Quy93MX6V6 on 11-14-2000 at 12:56 AM]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd have to say get them in silver instead of white 4 a red car. Also, DO NOT PAINT YOUR CALIPERS WHITE!!! A friend of mine did that and rice is right they're just an ugly dirty blackish grey after a week. If u paint them anything make 'em either black or red or something.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Don't know about white on a red car. I really like those rims though, but decided on Team Dynamics Motorsport rims myself. I'm going to get them in white with a dark green car and hope that it looks good, if not i suppose I could always have them painted. Anyways, post some pics when you get the rims!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
white on a red car.... just let it go! Don't do it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I really think it would look good. Also, it stands out more. Does anyone else like the white on red?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I personally thin kWhite rims on an all red car would look awesome. Perhaps we can get one of th ephotoshop gurus on this web site to change the color on a car and change the color of the rims. Maybe then we can get a good look at it. As always, I'm willing to be the guinea pig on this. So if any of you Photoshop gurus wanna give it a shot. Shoot!

·
Registered
830 Posts
go with the white ones, and nice choice on the rims... I have a blue car and I just got a new set of white wheels from my sponsor, so I should be putting them on pretty soon... Definitly go with the white rims....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Personally, I don't think white wheels look too tasteful on any car besides a white one; I prefer some of the wheels out that have an anthracite (dark gray) finish. They look great (especially on dark cars) and it's a lot harder to see brake dust on a dark wheel than it is a white one :D One of my favorites is Team Loco's 142; I'll post some screen caps from the TireRack.com website with Mx-6s of various colors with the TL142 wheels for an opinion poll.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Here are the screencaps I promised, stitched into one image:

The wheel size as depicted is 16"; theoretically, you could go up to 18" on a 215/35R18 tire. Tell me whatcha think for each of the colors!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts