Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a whited out side marker replacment for a 91'. This would be a phat mod if anyone could find such a thing. Hit me back if anyone knows anything about it...

·
Registered
270 Posts
antiSUV and I have come to the conclusion that the MX-6 side markers are the same as the ones on the 2nd gen RX-7. Check out http://www.corksport.com , but look out, I think they don't really want to sell them, they are around $70!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well if they are, then http://www.clearcorners.com has them for $50/pair. Have you guys checked with a mazda dealer on part #s to see if they're the same?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK how about this...they are APPROX. 5 1/4" by 1 3/8". Those are the exact dimentions...except they aren't perfectly straight on the top and bottom...but the bow is very slight...someone please tell me what the dimentions for the second gen are. Thanks a lot guys i really sppreciate the help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've tried to use the side markers from a 2nd gen rx7 on my 88 lx and they were so close but yet so far, but..the markers from a 91 six didn't fit mine either...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Like I said in a previous pst regarding this topic, a friend of mine made me a set for the front sidemarkers and those rear red reflectors in back. I can email pics to those who are interested on seeing them and/or getting a set too!!
They look very slick!!!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I am not sure about the 89 mx6 but i have an 88, and i know for a fact that the trim style changed from the original....thus changing the size of the side marker. If the rx7 side markers fit the newer style trim, us 88 boys are out of luck...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you mean clear, or white, why would you use white? you have a set of clears comin to you!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I sure do have mine coming in the mail thanks to TUFFMAZDA :D Clear, white, whatever they are different terms for the same thing man. I posted this before I ordered them from you. I'll be sure and post a picture to show everone how they turned out :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts