Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should have listened to you. Car has had a misfire for the passed half a month and i've replaced literally EVERYTHING ignition wise. EVERYTHING.

And then it came to me. ECU. Swapped it for the stock DE ecu I had in my room and, hey, no misfire.

Fucking DAMN IT. :(

Anyhow, I'm buying a KL31 and JE50 soon. Haha :) This was the main point of the post.....how do you like your KL31 compared to the xtremethings?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
It is worlds better, consistent power delivery, starts every time. We should find everyone who has bought that ECU and ask if anyone else is having these problems. Glad to hear you're up and running again.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem I still have is it takes a bit for me to start unless I prime the fuel system for a few seconds. But I even had that and a dodgy idle since before this ECU.

Even with the lowered horsepower that I can obviously feel, the torque is so much more crisp and follows all the way through the RPM band.

I also don't burn fuel when I start the car anymore either. I'm selling it on EBAY right now....I just hope someone buys it so I can get it off my shoulders and get a kl36/31.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts