Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Please vote for the option you agree with the most:

• The club is for MX-6s only and is called "MX-6 Club of Australia"

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The club is for MX-6s and derivatives and is called "MX-6 Club of Australia"

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • The club is for MX-6s only and is called something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the club is for MX-6s and derivatives and is called something else

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • there are separate clubs for "1st Gen MX6" and "2nd Gen MX6" and "MX-6 Derivatives"

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • none of the above capture my sentiments (please elaborate in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BF, Probes would be welcome as MX-6 Derivatives in options 2, 4 and 5 (in fact the only ones getting a vote so far! :) )

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i was thinking names and came up with very good one.....well the one sounds cool and i love it:

MazCore 6 ---------> we have maz (that does not need explaining), we have core which means to the core(ie body shell dont matter) and it has a 6, mx6, 626, telstar(see the core explanation)

and i have a logo idea too:

.................____________...................
.................\................../...................
................MazCore...........
.....................\....6..../...........
........................\..../..............
..........................\/

thats the best i can do :rolleyes: , but what it is, its an upside down triangle(similar to efini trinagle) with rounded angles, "MazCore" sticking out of trinagle, and the 6 bearly fiting in

·
Registered
233 Posts
Woo and Jerry.

Probably a dumb question, but are your option 2 votes registered in the actual Poll?

Here's a comical post Woo

:) :) :) :) :p :p :p :p

If I was a Hyundai Exceller, would it be OK if I joined now? :)

4WSB

J

·
0 Posts
I haven't voted using the poll.
I didn't want to disrupt the actually vote count, only express my opinion regarding the issue on the forum.
Cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well answered Woo.

When I read my Excell post back, it souded as tho I was being a real smart arse to you. Which I didn't intend.

Steve (4WSB):cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Woo said:
Hey Steve I had to pay you back for the "trade it in" comment (j/k) :D

Jerry, why not have a vote and help shape the club that could well suit your needs :cool:

J.Chr**t Woo, your memory is too long. Remind me not to really upset you!!!.

Steve-4wsb

1989 4WS Turbo MTX, King Springs, Pedder Comforts, Custom Short Shift, Autotechnia Sports Knob, Sansui SRX-D600 Head Unit 35x4, Navara H4 Arctic Blues, 4 Inch Dump Pipe, 17"CSA Concepts with 215/40 Goodyear F1's :smokin:, Zorgon Inc. adjustable Turbo-Timer

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know what a "consensus" is? Is is the same as a majority?

From the poll - it would appear that:
-> the club is open to MX6 and mutants (ooops, derivatives :) )
-> 2/3rds of us want MX6 club of Australia.

If we go on Majority rule then it would appear that Option 2 is the direction we'll head - at this stage...

Following on from this pivotal and very important question we need to pick a club to affiliate with. Clubs we could approach to join onto as a "chapter" might include:
-> MCCR (vic)
-> MX5 club (one in each state)
-> Monash Sporting Car Club (vic)
-> PIARC (vic)

Or do we not worry about "affiliating" with any other club and leave it up to individuals to hook up with local clubs for motor-sport activities and the like?

Does anyone have any more suggestions or know of any more clubs?????

All clubs I know of have officials: presidents, social committees, motorsport captains, secretaries and the like. My opinion is that whilst we're small we can do away with this sort of organisation. If we ever get up to 100 or so members we'll really need designated elected officials to look after various stuff.

What do you think?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'd like to do some track stuff in NSW, which I guess means an affiliation with a national or NSW club?

Can we affiliate but still keep to ourselves (National MX6 club or whatever) re: our forum and meets etc?

S...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd certainly be wanting to follow the same path as you 4, ie affiliate so that we can come under the umbrella of another club yet keep our identity wholly intact.

Most clubs will let you attend a track meet even if you don't fit into their "club" mould (eg. I was at an MX5 club track meet last week in Gouldburn), however, you're not treated as an equal - not eligible for trophies and championships etc. etc. ...which is a bummer.

In Melbourne, we've got clubs like PIARC (which stands for Philip Island Auto Racing Club). These guys allow any sort of car to participate and hold meets at all of the vic tracks (Sandown, PI, Calder, Winton). There should be a similar sort of club that individuals can join for track things in each state, and saves you being treated as a ring-in - you're just another car on the track.

If we ever get the numbers up (ie to around 20 or so regularly participating in club meets) we'd certainly be able to organise and run our own club days. However, a club day requires: flag official(s), scrutineer(s), timer(s), pit lane organiser(s) and more. I'm not sure we'll ever have the momentum to run these on our own.

It would be great if there was a national track accociation or club that we could join... I'll call CAMS on Monday.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The MX5 club sound like a big possibility and and a second cousin its some sort of relationship.

Perhaps they hold the necessary licences in all states for us to do things. Plus we show them up in our superior vehicles!!

And the Guy seems a good guy.

Regarding the Poll, I really can't see what else to do other than go with the majority. We don't want to lose/disenfranchise our friends tho, if we do accept the majority rule.

Perhaps some more opinions will be posted here, especially from the non MX6 guys.

4WSB

·
Registered
55 Posts
While the MX5 club would most probably accept the MX6s, do you think they would be as accepting with us mutants? :)

Even though the MX5 and TX5 have similar names :)
......they have virtually no mechanical similarites at all.

There is no chance of a proper TX5 club starting anywhere soon (as lets face it, these cars are relatively unexciting, only made interesting by the engine). Because of this, I would love the opportunity to join a club such as MX6 Club of Australia.

Anyway a "mutants" $0.02 :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry guys, I dropped the ball and haven't spoken to CAMS yet (too busy trying to make money!).

Will DEFINITELY attempt to make contact tomorrow... in the meantime if anyone else has any bright ideas about clubs to join...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sorry I've not got a lot of knowledge in that area.

Personally I just want to do maybe a few sprints and 1/4 mile times which may be accomodated at Eastern Creek? in NSW.

Perhaps other NSW guys have ideas and a better understanding of things up here.

Looking at discussion on Auspoc, it looks like we are out of that "club" which is fully understandable.

Can we use your site sometime in the future for a forum Ric, or start a new one to keep patriotic?

4WSB

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
OK it seems that probers now seriously on the corse of a creation of their club.......we seem to be behind.

here are some things i need clarification on,(maybe because im stupid, maybe they are things of consern)

1) Affelation - is it REALY nessesary? is this just for Track days?
~resiving stuff about cars which have nothing in common with mine exept the badge is not realy my thing(im talking about newsletters that we as affelated club would recive)

2) Cost - how much does it cost to register the stand alone club with CAMS/other similar plases?
~gives us an appotunity of beeing realy indemendant
~also gives us CLASS, as in we ARE official independant club club
~i wouldn't mind paying for membership.....one thing we must remember new members will not be joining a pay club that easy, hence no matter if we will be independant or affeliated it would be hard to get the newbies (i should realy call them "newly arrived ).

3) Website - do we need one or not?

4) Name - what is it?
~it seems people have spoken and its 'mx6 club of australia', i think it would be stupid to whate more for that poll to increase the numbers.
~by the looks of it, we have 18 members of the club......thats more members than many clubs started out with.

5) Flyres - does any one have any ideas?

6) Derivatives - whats happening here?
~i hope it wont be like mx6 more superior to the Derivatives (the inisial AusPOC issiue)

7) structure - has anyone thought of this?
~no matter if we will be affeliated or not, IF we want to keep our identity we need to think about this hard

this is not bitching post(though i feel like bitching a bit ), but it is a serious one. it looks like the whole thing is on the backburner....... more and more im starting to think that probers actualy kept us in line and away from anarchy.

feel free to anwser, bitch or flame me.....this all are just my thought

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi BF,

In response to your q's, here's what I'm thinking at the moment:

1. Affiliation - necessary? no. we've established that we can "cruise" quite comforatbly with Convoy Rules. Our size isn't enough to warrant affiliation for any other reason. I'm more than happy to put this issue to the back of the list.. People who want to do motorsport should join a local motorsport club and be part of the fun/competition a larger motorsport club can provide.

2. Cost of Affiliating on our Own 'taint cheap. Around $440 per annum gets you your CAMS fee, add in any insurances etc. Previous posts have indicated this may be a good solution "down the track" but is not appropriate for us at this stage.

3. Website - do we need one? - i tend to think yes. The club has it's SOLE base here on this forum. It would be good to have a "site" for us to call our own. Perhaps with some tweaking www.beyondsoftware.com.au/mx6club would do the trick. We could also (as part of the setup) register a name such as www.mx6-aus.com for a couple of hundred dollars.

4. Name - it would appear that "MX-6 Club of Australia" has scored the most points.

5. Flyers - PK sent me an excellent example of a flyer. I was going to do some work on it but ended up not doing anything unfortunately. we need someone to volunteer to coordinate the development of the flyer. Anyone????

6. Derivatives - Part of the "vision" of the club needs to talk about our openess to MX6 derivatives - like the telstar, 626, probe etc. In my opinion - it's the MX6 that brings all these cars together therefore is appropriate that the club uses the name. However there should be NO limitations on non MX-6 members - eg - they can hold office, contribute etc. etc.

7. Structure - as we are geographically spread out, I think each state needs an elected official. Each cruises should each have a coordinator that is NOT necessarily the official. A national president would also be good, someone who is elected for say 12 months and would be responsible for things like ensuring the newsletter goes out every 3 months, liaison with Mazda/dealers etc, liaison with AUSPOC etc. Each official should probably also be a "moderator" of our main forum. Anyway these thoughts are still pretty "loose" and need fleshing out.

Other Stuff
Our Presence
We are limited at the moment to dealing with people who are by and large, online and able to check forums every day. This is proabably about 20% of the population. Our club needs a presence in the "real" world as well as the cyberworld and needs a PO Box or Address for people to write to, a phone number, etc. These are the things a normal club has and we need to get to. I would expect that the "president" would clean the PO Box, make available their phone number etc for contact other than the net.

* Club President
* PO Box
* Phone Number

Publicity
By getting ourselves into things like Unique Cars, Drive sections of the paper and local paper our profile will be lifted and the club will grow. We need someone who can focus on publicity... Does anyone have any experience in publicity?

Newsletters
These can be "difficult" to organise yet provide a real benefit. A good newsletter needs
a) multiple contributors
b) to be informative and interesting
c) an editor IN CHIEF - ie don't complain if your article gets chopped!! :)
d) to be printed, enveloped and sent.

This isn't a big job for someone with a bit of verve and talent. Same person as publicity officer??

Money!
All of the above will take a few bucks to get started. Some of us have better access to money than others. New members or potential members won't take kindly to being asked to pay to join.

The clubs needs some form of "club kitty", that is regularly topped up with donations. Donations would be optional, but "STATUS" accorded to those that have donated - ie in the newsletter or forum.

One of us who's good with numbers needs to come up with a little summary of the costs and expected size and a corresponding donation amount. this person should also become "THE CLUB TREASURER"

I hope I'm making sense here...if I've offended anyone let me know!

RE the probers.... basically it came down to the fact that there is enough of them as a unique "marque" to have their own independant club. This was already around long before any of us came on the scene - our entry to their club was viewed by some as an "intrusion" - so we're going to let them alone. They appear to have gotten over the personality issues and I suspect that a good few of them will also join up with us as well anyway!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to everyones response.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts