Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i need someone to take a look at my data log? can i email it to someone so they can take a look. Picked the project back up and need to get it fired up...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
bout damn time you got back to this. dont give up on it like shadow did

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks to anyone that help me.

I've been so frustrated and don't want to give up at all. It took me so long to figure out how to get the megasquirt to talk to megatune properly and car still won't turn over.

Here is the msq file:
See below for update. 2/23/09

Still not sure if i got everything set right for the msd mallory box either...

·
Vendor
570 Posts
Your biggest problem is there's no RPM signal in MegaTune. What do you have wired to pin 24?

There is one issue with the configuration that jumped out at me - under "Codebase and Output Functions," you have pin 10's function set to Spark Output E. Change it to Shift Light (I know, even if you don't have one installed.)

If you are driving an MSD box directly from the MS, you will need to set Spark Output Inverted to Yes.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the PnP megasquirt built by fastest95pgt. so i have no idea what is wired.

In the megatune i just set the enabled the shift light and set the spark output inverted to yes. What next?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't had time to work on the car yet and i'm leaving for cali for the weekend. So ill see if she'll start up on monday. Ill bump this post then. thanks for helping with another piece of the puzzle.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
emailed! and the links are fixed.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Wow, made this one a LONG time ago!

Ademan has a 93/94 setup which uses the vane sensor in the distributor and the opto input circuit. There's a pull up resistor to 5v of course.

Every one I build gets tested (and romped on depending on my mood) in a vehicle before it is sent out to whoever bought it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks fastest. i'm determined to have this thread be source to fix my car. did you get a chance to read the data log and review the msq file?

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Nah, I didn't download and/or open it. Was just helping you with your trigger hookup.

Sounds like Matt already told you that you're not getting a crank signal to MegaTune.

You might want to mention the year of your car and what ignition setup you're running.

·
Vendor
570 Posts
Looks like it's got a problem getting the signal from the distributor Hall effect sensor. Try (temporarily) setting LED 15 from Output 4 to IRQ trigger. Then take the distriubutor out of the engine but leave it plugged in to the harness. Turn the key on and turn the distributor by hand. The middle LED should blink on and off as the vanes in the distributor pass through the sensor. It should either stay on solid or stay off when you stop turning the distributor. Let me know what you find.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Looks like it's got a problem getting the signal from the distributor Hall effect sensor. Try (temporarily) setting LED 15 from Output 4 to IRQ trigger.
led18(d15) is set for output 4?

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Gotcha. Just making sure, cause led 18(d15) is set for output 4 in my msq file. i dont even see a led 15.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like it's got a problem getting the signal from the distributor Hall effect sensor. Try (temporarily) setting LED 15 from Output 4 to IRQ trigger. Then take the distriubutor out of the engine but leave it plugged in to the harness. Turn the key on and turn the distributor by hand. The middle LED should blink on and off as the vanes in the distributor pass through the sensor. It should either stay on solid or stay off when you stop turning the distributor. Let me know what you find.
So i ran the test today. And after turning the distributor by hand the led would blink on and off and when i stopped the led stayed off. I even ran a datalog as i did this just in case you needed it. so what next?

http://uploading.com/files/A1VPGMKF/datalog 3.xls.html

1 - 20 of 35 Posts