Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wish my 97 MX6 LS had a manual transmission. At the time I bought it, I was desperate for a car, but the deal on this one was way too good to pass up. Please make me feel better. Whoever else has an auto tranny, post here!

·
Registered
551 Posts
me, me! and same here. i would have taken a manual but i got my car for 2700, and that was a price i couldn't pass up on my dream ride. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anything, I wanna replace my shifter with something more stylish. DOes anyone know of any auto shifter mods? I'll probably post this in the mod forum too.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
ive got two auto mx6's and i wish they were both mtx's lol. i did modify the shifter on my ls. i relocated the hold switch to the center council, cut out the bracket that makes it imposible to shift out of park without first pressing that brake and the shifter button, and put a shift knob on. i was going to cut the shift lever(its way to long stock) but never got around to it before my headgasket blew. if u post or PM me ur email i can send you a pic of the finished project, but i dont have any of the process.

also you can do the iat mod to make the shifts hard and cut .1-.2 off your quartar mile time. all u have to do for that is cut the wire closest to the front of the engine bay on the VAF wiring harness.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
:wave:

Yes, i too have an atx..

But instead of making myself feel better by knowing other people have one too, i opted to do a mtx swap.

Today, i removed the axels
Tomrrow, tranny is coming out, and never again shall a torque converter rest inside the transmission of my car.

btw, it says Nor-cal on your thing... Deep northern cali or like bay area north?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts