Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I do. I have the 2000 bar with Altima links. Before I made the change, I only had one chance to run the car. The rear was all over the place.

I would say that the bar definitely tightened things up. I was still a little loose at the edge. About mid-season I went to a set of Azenis (205/50/15.) That combination was perfect. I could tune the car with just air pressure changes.

For the record, I have PGT springs up front, stock LS springs in the rear, & the 626 bar.

I also have an Addco but when the 626 bar worked so well, I never put it on.

Hope that helps.

Tim

·
Registered
776 Posts
For the price, you can't beat the '00 626 bar/bushings and altima endlinks. You can definately feel a difference...that combined with a RSTB and lowering springs (with new struts as well) and you'll be in heaven.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
adjat84th said:
For the price, you can't beat the '00 626 bar/bushings and altima endlinks. You can definately feel a difference....
Just curious.. are these a direct fit/bolt-on?
Edit
Im aware of the altima enlinks ('95-'97 I believe) so I presume the bar is too?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
TJ-MX6 said:
Just curious.. are these a direct fit/bolt-on?
Yes.

I don't have the 626 bar (I have the 17.5mm PT bar from a couple years back), but many others have installed it with no issues.

I do have the Altima endlinks though, which are a much better design and also bolt on :tup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ditto. It bolted right on, although I did make sure to get the brackets from the 626 since they are slightly larger.

Ditto on the Altima links. They went on nice & fit perfect. They have a "nut" to hold the shaft to get a rusted nut off. Imagine that!

Tim

·
Registered
517 Posts
track6 said:
I do. I have the 2000 bar with Altima links. Before I made the change, I only had one chance to run the car. The rear was all over the place.

I would say that the bar definitely tightened things up. I was still a little loose at the edge. About mid-season I went to a set of Azenis (205/50/15.) That combination was perfect. I could tune the car with just air pressure changes.

For the record, I have PGT springs up front, stock LS springs in the rear, & the 626 bar.

I also have an Addco but when the 626 bar worked so well, I never put it on.

Hope that helps.

Tim
I have this bar and it really helps the car turn when you are on the limit rather than plowing, now i don't know what you're talking about, it shouldn't tighten things up, if you have a car that already wants to oversteer this should make it oversteer even more

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
sway bar and endlinks

I have a sway bar 16mm with the altima end links for sale if any of you are interested. Let me know. pm me with a offer.

also have the prd rstb too. this would make your probe handle better too. :tup:

pm me if anyone is interested

1 - 12 of 12 Posts