Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just sold my old 4cly and i just got a new M-editon.

i looking for srpings and i want somewhere close to 2inches.
i have been looking around and everyone is saying that even though the eibachs advertise 1.3/1.0 or something like that. they usually settle to about 2inches. if this is true. how long does it take for them to settle that low?

read up on sprint springs and the back never seems to drop as much as it should. anyone got any info about how those drop?

and i dont want DZ or Kports and cant afford coilovers.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i have eibachs and mine didnt settle too much, looks like ~1.5F ~1.3R, it's a decent drop and there is little wheel gap with 215\45\17 tires.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i put some used eibach's on my car. took about 2 weeks for them to full drop down. at first when i put them on, i was like wtf? it's like stock, then it settled down. looks good, but not so low that I have to worry too much about it

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have Sprint's... lowered the front about 2 1/4" but mistakenly bought 4cyl springs from someone.. i didnt kno about it until it was installed..
Spring rates are different and as a result the rear lowered about barely 1/2".. will change to coils soon but the ride was nice - a bit stiff but nice

·
Registered
233 Posts
I lowered mine on Eibachs too, and like MX6REMIX said it only lowered it about 1.5 inches at most, but i really like them, not lowered too much that i have to worry about anything and low enough that its not stock.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Go for the Eibachs. They may not settle to 2", but you kind of don't want a spring with a bunch of slack in it anyway. The Eibachs ride nice and don't wear out nearly as quick as a lot of springs. You can find them for pretty cheap, too. I picked my set up brand new for $170 shipped off 626.net.

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
When I went to the EIbachs, the barely dropped at all..maybe 1/2"... not much. Over all I really liked them. Tokico blues and Eibachs were an excellent set-up, and not overly expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts