Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've had these two photos of this mx6. I am positive that I have saved them from this site. According to the file description I have saved them in 2005!!!

I am just curious of the owner. Maybe he/she can post more. The license plate led me to the Australian section.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I don't know from top of my head but it's so old and that looks like SOuth coast to me Wollongong. Don't think they are still on here

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah definitely from NSW (for the Ops info) Looks newcastle-ish to me, maybe Cronulla.

Could be the gong but not many places you can look North and see Apartment blocks from that doesn't include a view of the Docks.
But then it could be further south again! Hard to tell, our coastline looks similar from any point.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
That MX does look familiar. Reverse image search does fine locations of image elsewhere, but no further info.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Newcaslte Wollongong Same shit - Port town -mining etc, one more cultured then the other. Was bound to be one of them, I think it came on one cruise just can't recall then again all my old MX-6 stuff is on another PC.

looking at the rides photo's Yes he came on a GOSFORD crusie - plates Nohoes reminds me now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The P stands for 'Provisional'. Its then second level of license we have in Australia where a driver shows their plates for a certain amount of time and can only do the speed limit of 80km/h and have no alcohol in their system.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Does that mean that you get the Provisional plate if you have previously broken a law? 80kph is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! I personally would never last at this limit.
Basically, the first two years of driving, you have to have P plates, though the conditions vary from state to state. Here in Western Australia, the first 6 months you have Red Ps (.0 alcohol limit, Not allowed out between 12am - 5am (unless you have a valid reason - work etc) ). The remaining 18months are green Ps - only difference is that there is no curfew and there is still a .0 alcohol limit).

Other states have similar restrictions for the first 6-12months, some for 2 years (speed limits, power to weight limitations, passenger restrictions etc).

If you break the law enough times to have your licence cancelled, you may end up with a ban for a certain period of time before you have to apply to get it from scratch and have 'P' plates for two years.

There used to be 'E' (for extraordinary) plates for repeat offenders who lost their license, but required it for work and such like - obviously strict conditions applied to this as they were only allowed to drive straight to and from work or whatever only.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, somewhat similar to the US, except we don't have those P or E plates. We just use regular plates, at least in Florida.

Here in Florida the no driving during nighttime applies only for teens. So if you are 40 years old, and just got your license, you are limitless. One reason why American drivers are very bad.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah it varies from State to state.

In NSW, where that MX6 is from, you have 'L' Plates (Learners), which you can only drive with a full licence driver. 80km/h max.

Then you get Red "P" Plates for 12 months. In which time you can't have any alcohol, can't have passengers in the car after 11pm till 5am or something. You are limited to max of 90km/h
After that you do another test and get your Green "Ps" Plates, which have no Curfew, alcohol limit is still zero, and you can now do a max of 100km/h. You have these plates for 2 years.

Then you do another test and get your Full licence, which means you can drive whatever you want and drink! yay!

Also in NSW at least, when you are on your P plates you can't drive Turbo/Supercharged vehicles or Vehicles with more then 6cylinders (And some High-po 6cyl you cant drive either).

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
That's good. When I was in high school many kids wanted, and obtained Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds....etc. 16 years of age and cars that powerful are not good mixture.
Like Me YEAH

I from the old system in NSW. about 12 years or so ago was then once off your L's lerners - only 12 motnhs RED P-'s 80km/h and 0.20 blood limit alcohol. only for 12 months with 4 demerit points allowed

Funny for me was I never did 12 months I only last 6 months on Red P's and then Got my full licence - Love the old system. but due to my offence oI didn't have full 12 demerit points only 8 then when I lost it after 18 months and court my new licence was complete.

I' one of the many who helped bring in the new system I guess LOL :rolleyes:

but your right having a Modifiyed Mx-6 1st gen at 17 is not great idea. Looking back it was fun - I mean It's not like I would not go back and change it but I lived compared to friends who well some have died other injuried.

but amazingly None of it was during there P-plate years- it's in latter about 03- 07 - when we added about 1.5 million people to australia and 1million into sydney alone. Number of cars on sydney roads is rediculous.

I remember satistic showed in 1986 average house have 0.7 car ownership.
by 1996 When Howard broguht in the 14,990 drive away car to so caleld help get rid of the old bombs - funny they now are the bombs it was 1.1 by 2006 it was 2.3 - yeah every house had more then 2 cars.
At ones stage I had 7 cars at my place - now 4.

So put into perspective, quite silly and scary.

·
Registered
356 Posts
4 Licence holders here, 9 cars, thats not to mention the Work cars. (+5ish?).

Not so bad now, we've been trying to downgrade. down to 4 thanks to me and my brother moving out + downgrading, not including the parts car. which will hopefully be gone soon anyway.

I have a thing for shitboxes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts