Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WAS DECIDING ON WHAT TO SO TO MY MX-6 AND NOW SINCE NO ONE HAS ANY FAITH IN A N/A DX MX-6 I'M GOING TO GO FOR IT, ANY ONE CAN THROW 14 PSI. BOOST ON A CAR AND GET A MID TO UPPER 14 SEC. CAR, AND IT WOULD COST MORE. I DO ALL MY OWN PORTING AND POLISHING AND CAN GET MACHINE WORK DONE FOR CHEAP, I CAN GET A N/A MOTOR TO PUSH 275-300 ALL MOTOR, OH AND BY THE WAY WHERE CAN YOU FIND AN ENORMUOS CAM TO FEED THIS BEAST THAT IS MY BIGGEST PROBLEM AND IF ANYONE HAS A GT TURBO TRANNY PLEASE POST IT :D

G

·
I'm turning my 6 into an ALLMOTOR dragger so far only a 15.0 but stock as a rock, just pulled some interior out. just finished straight exhaust and major lightening,can get cams over here compatible with stock ecu and give 25% more power(apparently). about NZ$250+shipping (about US$125-150)
If u r using FE3 that is.

·
Registered
959 Posts
im doing similar with my dx, i want an all motor f2, likely gonna accomplish this by special order .040 overbore, 10.5:1 CR pistons, with headers, and the thermal insulators from outlaw.. eventually accompanied by a complete rebuild and a better clutch, though im just looking for a na motor that will keep up with the gt boys without any trouble, perhaps about 200 ft/lbs torque, but i dont plan to go beyond that for driveability reasons.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Why don't you borrow the FeT's connecting rods and then start from there. You'll have to be aiming high to get what you want. I would consider changing out that VAF with something more modern and less restricting, like actually switching over a MAF or something. I would consider getting rid of that twin throttle plate thing and find a way of making it just one big huge throttle body.....Think custom.

Just my $0.02

G

·
I already have one offer on my GT tranny, but if it falls through, I'll let you know.

All built NA guys....Talk to FryerJohn.

Built to the balls and still slower than a GT :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well its good to see that some people think like me. ( not that it's bad if you don't!) The connecting rods and crank( if different) would be the first thing I do. I can make special parts cuz I have connections in that area. I've noticed that the ports in the heads and the intake can be opened up alot and the key to power in a n/a car is flow through the heads and the compression. ( those are key, I know there is much more than that) I've seen various parts at greddy, stillen and HKS. Everything seems to have a decent price,but if anyone knows how to a copper head gasket, ignition system, forged pistons or anything else related to building a n/a 2.2 please post them here, thanks!

G

·
Crank and connecting rods are the same as the GT, the pistons in the LX/DX are of higher compression.

You would benefit from a 1mm bore (.40 over) and and bumping the compression up a few points, but don't forget the neccessary fuel system mods to keep it from running lean.

People have ran upwards of 300hp through the stock bottom end, I think its pretty bulletproof.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Waste of time. 250-300 horsepower NA? That's pretty good... I think the record for most power produce out of an all motor Honda LS/VTEC engine is in the 260 area. I've heard of one dude with a built H23 VTEC setup that put down about 280 something. I'm not sure how you plan to do it out of a single cam, 12 valve engine that doesn't rev. Trust me, there's a reason nobody bothers with an all motor F2 setup.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
I like the part that says "since no one has any faith in the N/A motor"

There is only so much you can do with the F2 N/A motor, it isnt that nobody has any faith. The roblem is that there is only so much you can do without running into the restrictions of the motor itself. If you'd research that, then you would know. Every once inawhile there comes along a guy who says "I'm gonna build the most baddest assed N/A sleeper.....AND THEN YOU GUYS WILL SEE.....NO ONE WILL LAUGH AT ME....AND I'LL RULE THE WORLD....DON'T BELIEVE ME?...JUST WAIT......YOU'LL SEE"...while the rest of us are going:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that you can't get some decent gains, but once you do, you'll realize that you shouldve put your money elsewhere, but hey..that's the fun of it right?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well maybe all those others who failed at building an n/a 2.2 didn't know what it is all about. There is a way to get more rpms out of this engine, its called a hell of a lot more flow and a different cam, the cam is the hard part, has to have longer duration, higher lift and the right advancment! And about the H23A V-tech I've built one of those and all I did was port and polish the intake, head, and header to match up( and then some}) ) shaved the head .0020, and put in a diablo performance chip, and it put down 240 to the wheels on a dyno so you could get more than what ya think out of a n/a motor. Even if I can't get as much as I think, it will still be worth a try, and hell thats what it's all about, right!:)

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Please do it. people say things but we never see anything. chances are down the road you may change your mind. what does that H23A have stock for power? I'm sure it's just a *little* higher than 110 hp.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Why do you all keep using the h23vtec as an example. Its different from the F2. Mind you h23 has a DOHC ,vtec and revs to 8000rpms (built). F2 has sohc and revs to 6500 at best.
Compare the F2 to the honda accord F22 arnd see if anyone is pulling high number from it. I doubt it. Everyone swaps it for the h22 or dumps a nice shot of nitrous into it.
evo

G

·
The H22a has 200 hp at the crank, so at most you gained 60 hp.

Fryerjohn gained about that from his heavily rebuilt LX....Guess what, It put him in the STOCK gt power range.

woohoo...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I wasn't using H23/VTEC as an example, I was saying that it took a decent amount of work on that engine to produce the number that this guy wants out of the F2, implying that it's going to be pretty much impossible. Please guys, give up the silly ALL MOTOR ULTIMATE F2 dream

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
roll on floor

SixSick6 said:
I can see it now "well guys, I've spent $50,000 on an all motor N/A MX6 with titanium everything, I'm only pushing out 195 hp....whats the problem?....oh also...How do I turbo it?" :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sick made a funny!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.