Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FE3-Dohc Alloy sump 170Hp engines

Hi All,

I've found a co-operative importer-dude who'll specially bring in some ALLOY SUMP FE3- DOHC's (10:1 CR, 170HP) if i get around 5 of them. This guy is GOOD...i've used him for lots of other stuff for MX5's...he gets good quality stuff at good prices for other wreckers....he's essentially a wholesaler. He's talking $800-900 max for complete engines (may end up cheaper, but NO DEARER)...he may be interested in bringing in cuts, but takes up lots of precious container space. Will only deal with deposits...doesn't want or need to be ****ed around. I'm going to see him this saturday, about some MX5 bits, and I want 1 or 2FE3's myself. So if there's 3-4 other interested parties out there, drop me a PM and i'll reply. Delivery time will be mid-january 04. I'm in Melbourne, so you guys would have to organise freight or pickup...Zaf the importer not keen to mess with all that. If it's local melb/glg, i could probably pick up/deliver (i have a ute), but outside that, you'd have to organise.

Let me know if anyone's interested.

Tyrone

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
In future post this sort of thing in For Sale & Wanted.

I left a re-direct because there may be some interest from members on this one, but I won't leave redirects in future.

Pete

G

·
very interested

yeh so whats the deposit?
I will pay a deposit now and will have the money definatly in JAN 04 (I spose it wouldn't worry him if I couldn't pay the rest :p he makes profit), don't need half cut as it will bolt straight up to my 89 telstar, I will require ECU and loom though so an extra couple of hundred I am assuming, I also heard about some problems with dropping exaust pipes after this conversion, can someone elaberate? sounds very good, can u PM me with his phone number, and is this "quality" backed up with some type of guarentee? sounds good, will give him a buzz, when i get his number.
BTW: I live in Coffs Harbour NSW so if I pick up 1 engine i could probably pick up anouther and bring it back for someone on the way for a small fee, imagine the petrol costs with 2 engines sittin in the back :S or if the person I am picking it up for has a crane (engine crane) and wants to help me with the swap (direct swap) I could not charge em for delivery and give em an extra $100 or so :(. sounds good but :D

G

·
also it will need to be AUTO if he can do that, cause I dont want to buy a halfcut and then have to do a GB change-over, too much work + I am too lazy to shift gears :p gettin used to this AUTO

·
Registered
291 Posts
FE3 for around $1000
yeah im intrested, does it come with any wiring and ecu and gearbox????
or is it jus the motor it self for $1000
i have a 89 telstar N/A

i also live up in perth so is it hard to organise delieviers from where u live, and i got deposit too.

hopefully reply soon yeah

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FE3 Engines for sale details.

Hi All,

FINALLY got some info for those who replied wanting engines. Sorry about lack of info, but something wrong with this site and my firewall at work, so i sent replies to everyone who enquired, but it seems some didn't get them.

Ah well, here goes.

complete alloy sump engine from low km mx6 or 626, ex japan, $850 each. Deposit required with order min $400, preference given to those with higher deposits. Engines are complete, running engines, in good cosmetic condition. Next orders being taken now, arrival in April 04. Balance due on arrival.

Also available, above engine, complete with airflow meter and Fe3N or Fe5a computer (with 12" cut loom on computer) for $1300...min deposit required $650. Computer guaranteed working.

Limited availability (i have one in stock now): FE3 from 91 Mx6, 67431 kms,FE3N computer, complete installation including FULL UNCUT LOOM, airflow meter, ducting, etc. can supply to bolt to manual or auto (no gearbox available)...came from manual car, pulled out myself.

Asking $1750 for this one, but subsequent ones will be $1900 (due to difficulty/labour required to pull out full loom). Deposit required for engine pacakage is min $1000.

Also limited avaliablity, auto or manual trans from above Fe3 engined cars $1500...expensive because VERY popular (same as SP20 / SR2 323/laser). My wholesaler brings in stacks of these gearboxes for repairers.

Need deposits with order, tax receipt provided with ABN number. all prices include GST. Balance required 5 days of engine arrival. Shipping to be individually negotiated, but genaerlly, shipping is the buyers responsibility. $70 delivery fee to Melb/geelong/ Ballarat area, elsewhere contact me to find out.

email me at [email protected] for fastest response to all enquiries.

Please, no dreamers or tyrekickers, etc thanks. If you know you want an engine, know that it fits in, etc. then get in contact with me. If your're still unsure if it fits, legality, etc. DON'T ASK ME...use the forum!!!!

look forward to hearing from interested parties.

Cheers Tyrone

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: FE3 Engines for sale details.

MX5_DriftFury said:
Also limited avaliablity, auto or manual trans from above Fe3 engined cars $1500...expensive because VERY popular (same as SP20 / SR2 323/laser). My wholesaler brings in stacks of these gearboxes for repairers.
got a little more info on these box's??

fe boxes are usually either the GC type with cable clutch, or gd atmo type

and neither is anything like the sp20 box

any photo's or info please

didn't the sp20 have the FS DOHC motor hence differant box? correct me if i'm wrong please

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FE3 engine & complete loom, etc

Have one engine in stock, see above post.

Complete alloy sump FE3, 10:1 CR engine, full UNCUT car & dash looms, computer, AFM, ducting, oil cooler, charcoal canister, plug it in and it will run! Was from a manual car, but can supply auto flexplate instead. Left over from someone saying they wanted it, then backing out. Was asking $1750, now reduced to $1650.

$1650

Cheers Tyrone

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
complete FE3 with full loom computer, etc

see above, but price rduced to $1400....just unbolt your engine and loom, and put in this engine, computer, airflow meter, etc, and away you go, FE3ing!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Read da post!!! NO GEARBOX!!!

FE3's apparantly come with the same box (G-Type) anyway, so why change. Run turbo (H-type) from aussie car if you have to! The boxes are dearer than the engine for FE3!!!

I can get a box, but the wholesaler wants ~1500 for it...they are VERY popular! (read my post!!)

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
what do the engines come with ???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don't have one with FULL loom at the moment....loom is cut on each side of the firewall, but can supply wiring diagram, etc to splice together. But comes with ECU, AFM, pwr strg, alternator, (and i think a/c comp, have to look at) airbox, coil, fuel lines, oil cooler, etc, etc. $1300 (engine is under 60k km)

Engine only, with cut loom, and no ECU no p/s, a/c, but comes with alternator, etc., couple available, one is like new, bought as spare for my miata, asking 1000. other couple , both around 60-70000km, mx6/capella, asking $870

for fastest response, email me on [email protected]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts