Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, I need to brush up on my take offs and shifting. I was wondering if anyone who is somewhat local, would like to hookup and do a little bit of racing? (at a deserted road area somewhere) anywhere safe is good for me. How about this weekend? let me know if ya wanna hook up and do some practising?

Lemme know, Ill bring da erbs
drop me a line or respond :)

[email protected]

Cheers

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
Ugh wanna race?

Jeff,
I'm interested in a little friendly compitition. But I'm busy this weekend. Maybe next weekend for sure. And I can get you those side markers too!Lemme know!
Honda etr

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
you talkin to me?

If your talking to me, I have nothing wrong with my trani... I had a slipping clutch until I slapped on a CM stage 1. Now Im ready to go...

come on... anyone else wanna runem this weekend?
Just some friendly racing and shit... whatchya say...

I'll bring the phatties!!!! :cool:

cheers

p.s. yo GTmx6... I know youd be down... juss throw in that new clutch already, Id like to see how I size up to a turboed first gen....
did I mention the phatties?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Ugh wanna race?

Honda Etr said:
Jeff,
I'm interested in a little friendly compitition. But I'm busy this weekend. Maybe next weekend for sure. And I can get you those side markers too!Lemme know!
Honda etr

sounds good man... Im down with that. :)

i will actually have some coin to buy the shit from you with :)...

lemme know.
cheers

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
im down in 2 weeks..

once exams are over im in... so until next tuesday i cant do nothing.... im also gonna be picking up my 1st GEN MX6 GT TURBO!!!! after exams so im in 4 sho! BTW against a 1st gen turbo dont expect to win... those cars have HUGE BALLZ!!! Turbo = HP... peas

G

·
hey if you get GTMx6 to come out than i will come out he is a vakued associate of SEBCO preformance, i will bring my boat of a Tbird out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Pick up a Gtech for about $230+tax and do all the practicing you want without anybody's help...
or go to a test and tune at cayuga or st. thomas.

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
Gtech

Hry,
A Gtech is a little gizmo that you stick to the inside of your windshield and when you run it tells you your 0-60 time, 60-0 time and i think peak hp.(don't hold me to that though).
Honda etr

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
whoa

that sounds awfully kewl.. if thats what it does I want one... Im gonna do some net huntin and find out for myself now... thanx

:):p

welp, that is a kewl thing,
www.gtechpro.com
I think im gonna have to get myself one of these crazy little things...

Performance improvements sells them for 249.99 +tax

anyone know of a cheaper place to get the GTecHPrO??

cheers

G

·
the Gtech is not accurate, most people say for a general rule of thumb its 1/4 mile times are .2 - .6 sec to fast

if they weren't so expensive i might get one anyway cause it would be funa nd they would help tell you if any of your mods have actually made a difference

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
mazda head has one...

there cool little gizmos and really fun to watch but they are blatently WRONG!!! ExTremLy Un AccUraTE as well... i think when he floored it at one point it said his car has 270 HP or something like that... best thing to do is go to cayuga one day and line em up... accurate and safe without the 279.99 + tax to worry about for the G-TECH... thaz juss my .02 cents. peas

·
Registered
281 Posts
Depending on where you do your testing, it can be very close to the actual track times! Where I test mine, is always about +.1s from the track times but the trap speeds are off by 4 or 5mph.

BUT THAT DOESEN'T MATTER

The Gtech is exactly what the Smot Poker wants! You can practice with it all you want and its pretty consistent!

I bought mine last year at JRP for $239... Performance Improvents sale had it at $222.
Best price is to get it used from the US or something. usually about $70-$100USD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts