Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have a "who will win?" question
i have a 93'LS V-6 , i just had all suspension re-done, a new clutch and fly wheel installed, i have a friend who has a 93 or 94 taurus SHO, everything is stock on his car, i was wondering who would win? i have a manual and he was auto, i think i could take, im a much better driver than him
haha, anyways let me know, thanx

G

·
I think it would be pretty close. Since you have a manual you would take him off the line initially but he'll more than likely catch up and you'll tie.

·
Registered
734 Posts
my opinion.. which I may be wrong.. but I'm pretty sure that the SHO will take you... looking at the numbers and stuff... you will most likely get pulled away from... especially if he has the 5 speed version... supposedly the Yamaha V6 puts out close to 220 HP...

G

·
With an auto you're gonna be pretty close. I'm not sure what your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. but Road and Track tested a 93 auto SHO and got 0-60 in 7.5 secs and 1/4 mile in 15.7. If I'm not mistaken, the 0-60 is really lose to yours and u may have a couple tenths of a second more in the 1/4. I'm told that once those things hi about 4000rpm it's like a huge kick in the a$$.

·
Registered
734 Posts
94V6-MX said:
Its hard to believe that a car like a Taurus is capable of that kind of performance.
That particular Taurus has a Yamaha racing 6 cyl in it supposedly capable of over 200 HP

G

·
[/B][/QUOTE]
That particular Taurus has a Yamaha racing 6 cyl in it supposedly capable of over 200 HP [/B][/QUOTE]

Yea, I get what your saying with the engine, but its still a Taurus, just kind of something you wouldn't expect. That car must be a great sleeper.

G

·
MY 100TH POST!!!!!!

Have you raced a SHO with your GTP?? I've always wondered who would win? 2 great performance sedans!

G

·
The GTP has been tested to do 0-60 in the mid 6's, so it should definitly be able to take a SHO, but a Grand Prix GT would be a good race with a SHO, but the GT should still get the best.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: MY 100TH POST!!!!!!

MattDogg said:
Have you raced a SHO with your GTP?? I've always wondered who would win? 2 great performance sedans!
Not the V8.. YET... (the new body style) but I've raced a 6cyl w/ cold air intake and took him. I raced him with the Thunderbird and it took me.. but not by too much. I raced a V8 against my V8 and it blew my doors off... a 32 Valve 230HP ~310ft/lb is far superior to my run of the mill Mustang V8... I wonder why they don't put the 32V in the mustangs and keep making the 16V... the only one Ive ever heard of having one is the Cobra...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Feh. The V8s have barely any power advantage over the 6s, and they're much heavier to boot. When Ford went to the current Taurus underpinnings, they changed the SHO from a sports sedan to a gussied-up "executive express." Didn't work; SHO was dumped after only a couple of years. They were more than a half second slower in the 0-60 run then their V6-powered predecessor.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my dad owns a 98 SHO, its no slug-but i HAVE raced the old style V6 with the 98 SHO, i got a crappy start so the other guy was ahead the whole time and i wasnt cacthing it too fast, we ran out of road before i could get him-i want to race again!! its pretty quick for a V6 though-looks like crap i think (personally)
but the V8 can definitly FLY on the free way

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree, it's fine when it gets up to speed. I was just shocked that a car with a 76-horsepower advange over a 2-gen Ls couldn't hustle to 60 any faster...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts