Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to a school where everybody loves my car and the guys just hate it since they cant get girls in theirs so now I got a few problems.. more like 3. 3 guys wanna race me and i just wanna know from you guys which ones i can beat and which ones to avoid being made a fool by... i got a slight idea, but i know some of you are pros and I would appreciate the input...

1) My car (94 MX-6 LS Mystere auto V6 with no performance mods) vs. 99 Maxima SE (auto V6)

2) My car vs. 89 Jetta (Standard)

3) My car vs. 93 Cadillac Deville ---> I really hate this guy so, but i think i might lose, but if i have a chance plz let me know... Thnx

·
Registered
359 Posts
I BELIEVE

Well the cars I believe you can win would be 89 Jetta. The jetta will take you off the start becasue of stick but at the end you will come out on top.

The 99 Maxima SE is a maybe... I raced a Maxima that was a 1995 or a year or 2 older and off the start we where equal but at the end I had half a car length lead when I won.

The 93 Cadillac Deville I don't think so... I believe this car has a V8 under the hood and I believe over 200hp. I don't think you will beat the Cadillac but the other 2 I believe you will win.

GOOD LUCK!!!

ALSO REMEBER WATCH OUT FOR COPS

·
Registered
61 Posts
i not really sure about the maxima. with 222 horses for the new model, which came out in 99, i think you might lose that one. their auto's run really well too. the 89 jetta, no prob. like acidburn said, the caddy's do have a v8 with over 200 horses. although they're extrememly heavy, you mihgt have some what of a chance. i think i would still try considering you really never have anything to lose. consider you do beat the 99 maxima, makes you look even better.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That '89 Jetta will get SMOKED.. (89 Jetta GLI 16V = 8.8 0-60, 16.6 1/4)

The '99 Maxima -- I have no idea -- I have a feeling this would be your hardest match.

The Caddy -- heavy ass car. You should take him too..

·
Registered
332 Posts
You'll take the Jetta
But forget the Caddy and the Nissan
Sorry.

Try getting some Mods first than try it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Better yet, just take the high road and refuse to race. Then you'll appear more mature and perhaps attract even more women :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Apollo's got a good point. Some chick just hate the racing. My chick, who is actually my wife, hates it!!!

You know of second thought, you may take the Nissan. I think the 99 was a new model year for the Max and it only came in auto with the 222HP V6. I think 0-60 is in the mid 9. So that may be a good race there.

But still.... forget the caddy.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
racin soon!!!

Aight thanx for all ur input (Apollo alomost made me change my mind with the attracting more women comment), however i decided im gonna race these **** who think they can beat my 6. When race day goes down i'll inform all of you with details and outcomes... Cross all of your fingers and pray for my 6... Hopefully i'll take the caddy as well cause were racing bout a 1/4 mile from one light to another, but its on a turn so if i get the start, i'll cut to the inside lane and swith to low gear in my auto to get a boost and hopefully hang on... Also for the Maxima i got some good news. The 99 model is the year before the new one so it has 190 HP so its around the six since its heavier then it so that'll be tough since we get similar starts. No need to talk about the jetta... Its smoked is all i gotta say!...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i am not big on racing to much i am more for looks, i think girls love a ncie looking ride over a fast one that is just the girls i talk to i guess but if u r going to race KICK THEIR ASS SHOW THEM THE 6 IS THE SHIT

·
Registered
332 Posts
Got news for you..... the 190HP Maxima is a fast car. Not sure about the auto but it is quick.

Practice the Power brake move to get your RPMs up before the start but not too much that you spin more than necessary.

M

·
0 Posts
Hey, Mazda_Speedstar, my Maxima will kill your MX-6 without a doubt, just take Rbodeman's advice and practice some more (you'll need it). And yes, the Maxima is a fast car and will take you car any [email protected] My Maxima does around 7.2 seconds from 0-60. If you really want to race me why don't you get you tranny fixed first so that you can shift to second, and than we will see who wins! Your car can't even take the Caddy so shut the hell up or [email protected]

·
Registered
332 Posts
Holy Cow Killer. Calm the heck down. In case you did not notice you are at a MX6 club site. If you and your Nissan dont like it here then go hang out with your other *** friends. If you dont, then me and my 10 year old MX6 GT will have to teach your Maxima a real good lesson.

Bye bye!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maximas are garbage

Listen you so called MX6 killer... First of all lets get one thing straight with all the MX6'ers
Quote:

First of all those are not mods, it just makes your car look more like a ricer. Wow im so impressed you know how to jack your car up and paint your calipers and add a tip (not a full exhaust system) oh and lets not forget the simple task of replacing the corners with new ones. EAT SHIT BUDDY! Your just lucky they stopped making the MX6 in 1997 because in all the years our car was made, your car would have been dusted. It took you 2 years for Nissan to make a car with more HP that can finally challenge us and even if you do win a race, at least we can say we drive a car that is fucking sweet looking and not a 4 door meant for dads to drive to work and not to be modified. And i'd just like to add that MX6 Killer IS IN FACT MODIFYING HIS DADDIES CAR... so when you get your own car come talk to me and if you still think you can take an mx6 out im sure we have plenty of MX6'ers here in Toronto that would like to leave you and your family sedan in the far right lane WHERE IT BELONGS!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
question for Rbodeman

you were saying something about the power brake move... whats that and how do you do it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hell ya!!! I'm with Mazda_Speedstar, come down to Phoenix MX-6 Killer. Me and my friends would love to play with you. It's so fun to crush somebody that really believes their piece of shit is fast. I am not only a Mazda fan but also a Nissan fan and let's get one thing straight Mazimas are for pussy's! If you're going to drive a Nissan I can respect that but at least get a decent one. Like maybe a late, twin-turbo 300Z; Sentra SE-R or maybe a 280Z, not a shitty ass Mazima. I mean damn man, my grandma drives a Maxima.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mazda Speedstar:

Power braking is when (this only works in an automatic car) you step on the brake and the gas at the same time. This will increase the RPMs without moving the car at the start. Once the RPMs are up and you want to go, just take your foot off the brake and mash the gas to the floor. This helps in your take off becasue it gets the engine closer to the power band prior to the start. You have to be careful in strong cars though because this could put you into too much tire spin. Most of the time around 2000-2500 RPMs is good.

On a 2nd gen MX6 with a 4 I think 2500 is plenty safe. Try it at different levels until you find a RPM which works best.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One more question!

Now i know what your talking about. Here its called a brake stand, one quesiton though. Can we do smoke shows with our cars, like since its front wheel drive when we press the brake and gas and rev real high will our tires spin a lot or is our cars to weak to make them spin???

·
Registered
61 Posts
parking brake

with front wheel drive you don't need to power brake, most rwd cars will do it though. with fwd just put on the parking brake which only locks up the back wheels which will keep your tires spinning as long as you want.

·
Registered
236 Posts
MX6Killer obviously has some MX6 envy.. He's taking way too much time to go to a site that isnt even related to his car- which is more than I would EVER do for say.. a Honda CRX or Civic!!

Hey if I put a 10" exhaust tip on my car can I run 6 second 0-60's??? hahahha

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
So whatever happened?

Did you ever race those cars? What were the results? I'm curious.

Also, too much stopping power goes to the front brakes. You will not be able to spin while braking, however, you will get your rpms up closer to the power band of your motor as you take off. Rear wheel drive cars are "easier" to power brake because of the fact that less braking power goes to the rear. I think the power ratio is from front to back about 60%/40%. 60% braking power to front, 40% to back.

That is ABOUT. It may vary from car to car. But that will give you an idea why you can't spin the front tires in a power brake. And even if you were able to spin them, it would probably drag the rear tires!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts