Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is after my car has been driving awhile so my car is not just warming up. When crusing at speeds of around 5MPH in 1st gear and let go of the clutch very slowly, and im not giving it any gas my car will not stall. It idles at normal, around 700 and just keeps moving forever at like 1 mph, i thought that it should eventually stall but it will not and i am not driving downhill, its a normal street. This also works in second gear but i will be moving faster. I tried this in other cars and they stall. Does any other MX6 does this or do i just have a special one hehe. thanks

BTW, i own a 93ls and try it to see if your car does the same!

[Edited by iLyK2EaTCiViCs on 04-06-2001 at 01:45 AM]

·
Registered
175 Posts
you don't have a special one...maybe there's just something wrong with it....like, the only possible thing I can think of is that, your clutch never really returns itselt. It's always depressed just a little! ( I don't know what else it would be...) Very strange...but, would be nice to have!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
maybe your clutch is worn so horribly that it slips constantly?

it's either that or an engagement problem

or you have a 500hp engine under the hood and you just don't know about it

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hey...

my roomy can go through all the gears without giving any gas whatsoever to both his first gen and my 6. even in first i do believe. well, gives it a little gas to get going but after that no gas in 1st and it keeps cruisin.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gosh and i thought it was something good. Well the clutch is the original and i have around 120,000 miles on the car but it hasnt slipped yet. It still grabs normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts