Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my friend & i were adjusting his GC coilovers, and when we jacked up the car... the wheel didn't drop much at all. it went right up with the rest of the car. he has tokiko blues and its an MX3 if it matters.

when i jack up my car, using H&Rs and KYBs on an MX6, the car has to be WAY higher just to get the wheel off. i end up with a TON of wheel well gap while jacked up, his had barely more than when it was on the ground.

k.... WHY??? is it the struts? is it the springs vs the GCs? is it the fact its an MX3 not an MX6?

L8R
Nick
BLUMX6

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Some struts aot there are designed that way. So that there is little travel in the strut rather than a long one like you see on your MX6. Th eonly think I can think of is that either the spring is stuck on the perch and is holding the strut up or that the strut is blown. Do all of his struts do this? If not, then it would have to be a blows strut.

Are you able to pull the strut down if you pull on the wheel or is there no give?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, it wasnt stuck. i think both rears did. we didnt have to lift the fronts that much, they might have too. but the more i thought bout it, i remember there was some kind of sway bar or somethin running parallel to the side of the car attached to the hub. cause we had to push down the rotor while pushing up the strut. twas a bitch indeed. maybe thats it?

but Jorge, YOU have GCs AND tokicos, does YOUR car do this? if not then it must've been that bar.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Nahhh.. my car doesn't do this. Then again I have Illuminas so it might be different....

I've heard that when you have an aftermarket sway bar, that sorta pushes the rear suspension out some, thus causing the rear suspension to not give that much when raising the car. Perhaps that's what's happening. Other than that, I really have no idea what it could be.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
muata been the fact it was an MX3. the bar wasnt aftermarket, but i know what u mean. i've been told bout PGTs and MX6s with the addco bein able to lift a rear wheel on turns like VW GTIs. but this one went from the hub forward. not from rear hub to rear hub. i have no idea neither, jus curious. plus i seen like super touring cars and GT class cars when they get jacked up in the pits do the same thing. wonder why...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts