Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just went for a quick cruise over to my mates house. On the way there, i noticed that the traffic was quite. It was so tempting to exceed the speed limit safetly on the way home. Without a second thought i switched the BC was on hi setting (13psi).

I started to overtake a car when the mx starts to hesitate and a horrible put put sound is coming out of the exhaust aswell as a light high pitched screeching sound. The mx was jolting in beat with the put put sound.

This happens when im at 10psi or above, the A/R reads just a tad bit rich and this came on at 3000rpms. The car functions normally boosting below 10psi.

What's going on with my car!!!

I have two therories:
a) Detonation?
b) Turbo shiet itself!

Im gonna get it checked out really soon but does anybody have experience with this or any ideas that correlates to the symptoms?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After doing a quick search, its definately my TB boot! It's got a small crack in it and that would explain my screeching sound and the studdering.

Im glad i found this out coz i cant afford a to get my turbo rebuilt with insurance due next week. Plus my car is blowing no smoke out from the zorst.

Fark, i just got so worried thinking the worst!

Draco, i've replied to your email.

Mods can you please delete this thread.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Its funny this first gen I’ve got was doing all kinds of strange things..
In the end I worked out it was the BOV.. even on the hardest setting it was passing air.. It was similar to what you are experiencing .. had me chasing every thing else looking for it..
But im glad you are sorted .. I just never expected that a small pressure leak would have such major influence..

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes i wish i had bought a 94 mx6 coz the are so much more easier to maintain. But the turbo factor is just so much more luring. Getting mods right can be mind numbing exercise but the finished result out weights the tedius work involved.

Mr MX6, i see that you own both 1 and 2 gen mx's. Would i be right in surmising that the 1st gen is #1 in projects to you now coz all your previuos posts have been about the 1st gen.
Have you been infected by the highly contagious turbo bug?:D

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
yes and no. .
this first gen is in need of a lot of work at the moment.. all thou it is getting thee.. I do want to make it push out more power but that is way down the track..
I want to pull the gear box next to make sure every thing in there is ok (being that they have such a bad rep).
And then I will start to up the boost.. My second gen has kind of maxed out in the performance stakes, with out having to spend mega bux on it.. and you are right it is good to have a project again..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts