Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I try to launch my car (which isn't often, i don't like to kill the clutch) I don't get much wheelspin but my rearendbounces up and down. I've had people tell me that my rearend jumps and stuff, what am I doing wrong?!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You may need to be a little more specific, I can't even imagine why your rear end would be jumping, not at all.

I usually get a good launch, by taching it up to about 3500 or so then "feathering" the clutch to prevent wheel spin. Now, I don't feather it too much, and I usually get an acceptable amount of wheel spin and a pretty good take-off.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I'm letting out on the clutch to quickly?? When I launch like that sometimes, maybe 2000-2500, it feels like the car bounces, maybe I'm letting out on the clutch too fast. My last car did the same sometimes so I think I'm doing something wrong......

·
Registered
61 Posts
the rear won't bounce... there is no reason the rear should ever bounce unless you somehow happened upon a magic rwd mx6.

the front on the other hand could be giving away to wheel hop -- do a search on that. could be because of worn suspension or tranny/engine mounts.

just practice... like jiffy does, 4000 should be do-able as long as you moderate the clutch grip enough that you're not laying waste to your tires

1 - 4 of 4 Posts