Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone seen any wide angle rear view mirrors that aren't those stupid clip on things for your existing mirror? I want something the resembles a rally mirror to reduce blind spots behind my car.

Edit: I found a few.

Longacre, Rally, Wink, HRP and SPA Race Car Mirrors

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the allview mirror but I just can't justify spending 80 dollars on a rear view mirror.

I might just have to go with one of the cheaper clip on versions from ebay and see how I like it. For $60 dollars less than the allview I'll take the chance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have one of the cheapo clip on convex mirrors and i really like it. hasn't shifted or fallen off within the last 3 years and its not blatantly obvious at first glance that its clipped on

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a 400mm (15.5 inches roughly) one just because I can. They come in clear or blue tinted glass.

Broadway Mirror Type A
the one i have is a 270. 400 will be massive and will probably interfere with your sun visors but you'll have pretty excellent visibility. even with my 270 i can see out of my back side windows clearly

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sun visors? :lol:
Do you have the curved or flat mirror Dermy?
hahahahahah! i have the curved one, its only a little wider than my stock mirror but the fact that its convex lets you see pretty well on both sides. doesnt look distorted or weird like i expected originally either. i always get compliments from bewildered passengers about my rear view :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have a first gen but you can use your imagination

i personally liked it better when i had it in my lancer, sits closer to the roof and looks more legitimate

also the first gen mirror is really tall so the sliding clamp tabs are visibile past the edge of the mirror, making it look kinda cheesy. if the 2g's have a thinner mirror then it'll look like it does in my mitsu where the tabs arent visible at all

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
AJ has (or at least had at some point) a big rally mirror in his six. You should ask him. The pictures he had posted are down unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
what is the point of wide angle's anyway.

Just for racing on the track so you don't have to accidentally get into another drivers line i would guess. For street i'm not really seeing a reason to stick a big mirror in the windshield.

I'm sure your using it for track though Chef. I can't imagine your DD would be stripped with one seat lol.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a 400mm (15.5 inches roughly) one just because I can. They come in clear or blue tinted glass.

Broadway Mirror Type A
Thats what I have, the clip on with blue trim, I hate diving any of my cars without it, the 80$ mirror might be better but these are already much better then stock.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what is the point of wide angle's anyway.

Just for racing on the track so you don't have to accidentally get into another drivers line i would guess. For street i'm not really seeing a reason to stick a big mirror in the windshield.

I'm sure your using it for track though Chef. I can't imagine your DD would be stripped with one seat lol.
I still haven't purchased one yet. I have other things I am working on right now.

I want one to help complete my race car look. I think that any added visibility you can gain is a bonus on either a dd or a race car.

And yes, I would like to get it on a track or two if/when I ever get it finished. It's definitely NOT a dd.

Thats what I have, the clip on with blue trim, I hate diving any of my cars without it, the 80$ mirror might be better but these are already much better then stock.
Got a picture or two? I think 400mm is as big as I would want to go though. I don't ever find that it's in my way while I am driving because I have it as close to the roof of the car as it will go.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Im not sure...i think its convex cuz the field of view is much wider. I forgot to add that the broadway works so well that i actually feel chill making lane changes. Remember i dont have side mirrors and a passenger side head check is pointless cuz i end up staring at a bar haha...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts