Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i tried to seach it but had no luck.. but here is the thing my car has never been in a crash ever in its life, but tonight i was locking the doors of my car and when i checked to make sure (i have keyless, so i always pull just in case) but i did and this time my door opened about a half a inch... its still was locked but it opened up... so i was looking at what might cause this and i noticed that the door was not as flush to the body as the other side is.. i also looked for damage somehow but there was nothing, no dents or straches indacating someone tried to get it open or hit it with anything. its hard to explain without pic's, ill try and get some but my roommates digital is also being stupid, just wondering if anyone had the same problem with there door and what might cause the "warp" in it... or is it normal and just never noticed it untill now and its something with my door handle/lock it self. Karma for the help

·
Registered
493 Posts
sounds like you didn't close it hard enough. if my windows and sunroof are closed i have to close the door pretty hard for it to latch fully.

Reactions: John_Shea

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you say the door isn't as flush on one side as the other it's most likely the door hinges. Mine are pretty worn out so I have to shut my door a little harder than normal to get it to latch on properly, sadly, the only way to fix this is to remove the door and replace the hinges.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aright, i go take a better look, its just wired cause its was fine up untill this morn and it stated doing it, i even opend and shut the door many times and it still did it, after a while it locked right but its just a pain in the ass, iam going to the shop on the weekend cause i have about another list of small problems that i gotta get fixed maybe i'll take it apart and see whats up with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts