Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
i reckon this is a poor earth...

so for example i have my handbrake on and i'm sitting there idling away...

when i put an indicator on my h'brake warning light dims as the indicator flashes... and if i put my power windows up and down all the dash lights dim then the 4ws light comes on or the abs warning light comes on?

anyone seen this before? wqhere could the earth problem be? or is it something else?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I have same problem, but my RPMs drop as whell when i use my windows. anyone with an answer for this one?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a very good idea. Your engine is idling, so the alternator is turning slowly. You're using too much energy, and the alternator can't recharge as fast as you're draining power. I have that problem when I use my aftermarket fog lights along with high beams. My radio starts cutting out, the lights dim, and my dash lights get really dim. If I blip the throttle, everything brightens back up, and the radio comes back on. I would suggest you people who have this problem do NOT get underdrive pulleys :D
As for how to fix it I'm really not sure. I don't know if it would take a bigger battery, bigger alternator, or both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts