Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 2.0 MTX with a strange problem.

I had the CV shafts replaced 3-4 months ago. Since the weather started getting cold, I get a vibration at 41 mph and 61 or so. It starts as a light vibration from the right side while maintaining the speed, and if I accelerate, it gets quite bad.

I push in the clutch quickly without releasing the gas, release the clutch, and voila, its gone. Usually only happens when very cold and only once in a while.

I thought motor mounts, had them checked out, all look fine. I'm leaning toward a clutch/tranny issue, but need some of your wisdom. Any help would be appreciated!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
New tires and FE Alignment.

THe tires are mis-matched (different mfg), but the vibration is NOT all the time at the speeds I mentioned, so I'm confident thhat is not the cause, but THX any way!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone?

Well, it has been warm for 2 weeks, and very little if any vibrations. Past 4 days very cold and the vibration begins right from the get go, and will persist for 1/4 mile until I push clutch in and rev engine a few times, then it goes away. It does not always come back, but when it does, I just push clutch in, rev engine quickly and re-engage the clutch, all is well.

Obviously a tranny issue, but what?

Any pointers to where I should begin looking ( and possible cost/cure) would be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts