·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sooo no one knows or is it a big secret? i won't tell:D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
With enough money, skills and experience anything can be done.

You can slapped anything that will fit into the engine bay into an Mx6, that said good luck trying.

You'll be looking at custom everything from the mounts to the wiring to the driveshaft, transmission mounts and a billion other little things.

It can be done, but why would anyone put an F2T into a 2nd gen???? It really makes no sense since an FE3 or a B6T or the BPT are much better choices. Or hell you can slap an sr20det (sunni GTi-R/Bluebird) in there while your at it since the amount of work will be the same.

In the end it will be $$$$ cheaper to just build up the I4 and turbo that sucker. The FS is actually pretty stout and alot of room to turbo that baby.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i konw build the 03 but i was thinking again, since a bore of the 03 would make it a 2.2 l than if i could just swap a 1st gen allready at 2.2?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
OK once again I will ty to make this as slow and easy to understand as possible.

Just because an engine can have the same displacement as another doesn't mean it is easy to swap them in. That logic is completely flawed. A 2nd gen and 1st gen platform are very different in design.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME ENGINE!

I think you have that mixed up somewhere in your mind. The FS and the F2 are completely different engines and are not interchangable.

And yeah sure you can swap in an F2t, but once again, you might as well swap in an SR20DET while your at it. Or the 3sgte or a BPT or a billion other Japanese 4 cylinders engines.

·
Registered
341 Posts
i wsh i can swap sr20det in my 6 and make it rwd:):tup:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
crazy_russian said:
i wsh i can swap sr20det in my 6 and make it rwd:):tup:
That would cost too much. You might as well slap in a 350 in that case.

FYI: SR20DET came as FWD and 4WD also yah know. In other words, if you can fabricate the mounts and do the wiring an SR20DET swap isn't exactly far fetched, about only as far as an F2t swap.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm not dumb and i don't think same dissplacement same engine, you missunderstod. i thought being the same car-mx6, there would be some similaritys,enough to swap without that much difficulty.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Never said you were dumb. Just didn't think you READ my post close enough.

They are two completely different platform as far as a car is concern. For example the new Mazda 6 would be comparable to a 626 as the 1st to the 2nd gen Mx6, completely different.

But seriously, if you got the money, a BPT or an SR20DET swap is nothing radical since both have FWD versions.

·
Registered
679 Posts
In logik its very possible. There is a 2nd Gen Probe putting in a J-Spec FE3 motor. It bolted up semi nicely...will require some modification. The FE3 is a motor swap for the 1st gen guys...but once again does take some modification. FallGuy over on PT is running 11.9's with the FE3T powered 1st Gen Probe. Now as far as cost look to spend some serious cash. I would just build up your FS02 with some forged internals with higher compression. I was gonna go turbo, but I decided to get some engine management and throw in some insanely high compression pistons, and do just about evr bit of engine work imagineable.

Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts