Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i swap a klze engine into my ls will it pass emissions inspection?

will it pass md state inspection? thanx

·
Registered
787 Posts
I cant see why it wouldnt. You still need a functional catalytic converter to be legal in MD and they will check.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i WOULD NOT COUNT ON IT. mD is kinda strict, plus your ecm is not us spec>>>

·
Registered
111 Posts
well if you fail and you show proof of repairs for at least like 300 bucks then they might let you pass. just buy a new cat, and change all your filters. go in there with clean oil and your gas close to E. Also if you have the a-spec ecu then i think your engine will be running lean anyways.

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
silent_strike said:
well if you fail and you show proof of repairs for at least like 300 bucks then they might let you pass. just buy a new cat, and change all your filters. go in there with clean oil and your gas close to E. Also if you have the a-spec ecu then i think your engine will be running lean anyways.
I second all of this. Even without the EGR system, if you do what he said, there is a decent chance you will pass. If not, it's not too too hard to tap it and make one.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I know this will not help the KLZE question. Today I took my MX-6 to get the emissions inspection and I got a 2 year waiver because my car was too low for the dyno machine at the place. They said that I needed a flat bay. I did not argue with them I got my paper work and had my Jeep tested and passed. When the next 2 years come up I can get another waiver unless they have the flat bay dyno machine installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts