Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Here are some e-spec. First one Broomy's from the UK section and the 2nd mine taken with lights off but with a camera flash.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hey....

inform me guys. are the E-spec lights projector like the J-spec lights? how much are the E-spec lights? thx.

SolarSlash

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Yes the are projector and also have a motor for hight adjustment depending on the load in your car.
Int the link below it has a picture from the UK owner manual for the headlight leveling switch.
Photo album

G

·
What I'd really like to know concerning these lights is where do you get the new connectors?I'm assuming the J-spec&E-spec connectors are not the same as ours.Please and thank you.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Am i imaging things or did I read once that both the espec and jspec projectors are illegal in amercia? i mean that wouldn't stop me from getting them (if i had the dough) but was it somethign to do with that motor adjustment thing?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
allworldkj said:
Am i imaging things or did I read once that both the espec and jspec projectors are illegal in amercia? i mean that wouldn't stop me from getting them (if i had the dough) but was it somethign to do with that motor adjustment thing?
Huh? Why would they be illegal and what motor adjustment thing??!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
cause u could change the angle and position to blind on coming traffic or traffic in front of you. Or I could be mistaken and that its a law in europe that they ahve to have that motor adjustment thing. As i said Im not sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could some one explain the install process so i could have an idea. thanks

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i dont think anyone has installed them... anyone who wants to upgrade to projector style would go j-spec (i would think). and having a motor adjustment on the light isnt illegal unless "the high intensity portion of the beam is aimed at another drivers eyes". it falls underthe headlight statue similar to the high beam rule...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Could some answer me this. I know besides the electrical work there is body work for the J-spec lights but how much body work, if any, is required for the E-spec lights. If they both require electrical AND body work then i agree that people just mainly buy the J-spec(because they look better). But do they(E-spec) require body work as well?
Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
gotta ask a question

If i know someone in europe, belgium or france to be exact...could i get them cheaper? Please let me know..thanks

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
It's dearer from the dealers here than anywhere. But I am in the process of trying to find a set from a scrap yard for MZDASPDR

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i would think the espace require body work... the reason is because the espec and jspec house 2 bulbs rather than the single bulb of the aspec...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts