Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a fs-ze intake manifold make a difference in my hp, and my speed. and what else from that engine should i get to make my 4 faster.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
chiz_naz_99 said:
can someone please answer, and also will a fs-ze cam make my 4 faster?
I suspect the reason no one has answered is because no one really knows because no one has actually tried it.

Having said that, I'd expect the FSZE manifold and cams to add to your output, sure. How much is anybody's guess. In the case of, say, a KLZE, changing the cams and manifold won't get you to 200HP from 164 because you haven't gotten the high compression pistons and the port volume and shapes are different (as well as PCM calibration issues...) Same with the FS: you won't get to 170HP by doing these two upgrades since there are a bunch of other parts not being swapped.

Which begs the question: If you have a line on all of these FSZE parts, why not just get the whole motor?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah just do the motor swap and save the trouble of just switching the manifold and cams!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
well the fsze engine varies depending from where u buy it from. Go to www.corksport.com , I know that they sell the engine and from what I know the engine can give out 170HP.

·
Registered
219 Posts
fs-ze engine

I went to usedengines.com and e-mailed them and got a price back for 1295.00 for the fs-ze 170hp engine.I am ready to get it but I also need to find a tranny? does anyone know if the american manual will bolt up?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
yes the american tranny wil work mine with it, if you want and need to you might as well get a new clutch while you got it apart.

I know people on here can tell you alot but try http://www.probetalk.com in the 4hanger performance forum, i have read lot of stuff there about this swap.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
and a flywheel and phenolics while its out...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts