Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if the white faced guadges will fit a lx mazda 6 also how much of the dassh do you have to take apart and about how long does it take and is it worth it please let me know

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes white guages will fit. the guages for the DX, LX and GT are all the same. There eas a small change made between '89 and '90 models though. I dunno how much dash has to be taken apart.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Time and parts

plan about 1~2 hours. all you need to take off the dash is the instrument cluster and the black cover around it (the thing that has the vents, defogger switch, hazards, and ocillating vent switch. When taking off the cover, there is a hidden screw behind the vent/fan toggle switch(on the right side). The cover on the toggle just pops off.

I'm happy with the white guages.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
No wonder!

I tried and tried to get that panel off! That's what my problem was...i didn't know about that hidden screw. Thanks man! (I'm gonna paint that panel and the one around the radio silver, once I get an extra set of panels (don't wanna mess up the ones I have)).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i painted the interier of my car and know thanks to the infop of the hidden screw i can finish my product and you don't need replacement pannels justt take your time i learned that prep work is more important to accual painting but chec it out and see what you think
http://www.geocities.com/sirrommotorsports and go to members info and click on jakes mx6

·
Registered
449 Posts
No problem. When I first tried to take off that panel, i was lucky enough that the toggle cover popped out when i was pissed at it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you know where I can get different guage faces for my 89 MX6 GT? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Awesome! Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts