Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car has wind noise when travelling at speeds in excess of 110km/h, i notice it on the passenger door only, comming from front of window.. i know others have this problem too, is there any way to fix it/make it less noticable? other than getting new weather stripping?

im also looking for a sunroof wind deflector for my 93mx6.. anyone have a good one foresale or know where i can pick one up since mazda dealership doesnt sell them anymore???

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
SilverLS said:
my car has wind noise when travelling at speeds in excess of 110km/h, i notice it on the passenger door only, comming from front of window.. i know others have this problem too, is there any way to fix it/make it less noticable? other than getting new weather stripping?

im also looking for a sunroof wind deflector for my 93mx6.. anyone have a good one foresale or know where i can pick one up since mazda dealership doesnt sell them anymore???
might be window alignment... make sure it sits flush at all edges. if nto you'll need to adjust the tracks inside the door.

new weather seal mihght help if yours is cracked.

i notice my mirrors make noise.. when i drove around with no drivers side mirror (it was ripped off and the replacement took a little while to get to me) i was AMAZED at the reduction of wind noise at highway speeds.

as for sunroof wind deflectors - its 90% for the look. it will help a bit for backjseat passengers and the gale of wind they experience.. but it will also be more noisy.

re: fitment.. check ebay for one.. also look for the previous (smaller) gen altima. those fit PERFECTLY. (i know. i have one) and are much more readily available.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i saw the one on ebay but it was going for $40 US + shipping which is more than i wanna spend on it..

my weather seals are good.. guess i will wait for summer and take apart the door.. see if i can adjust the tracks.. thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
quick fix is to locate the area the sound is coming from. Pull down the weather seal and place some thin foam (weather seal you can get for house doors and windows ) behind it and then refit. Dont make it to thick or you will catch the glass when closing the door.
Only a little is needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts