Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed this Bulldog Window roll-up module according to the supplied wiring diagram, so that it get's its signal to roll the windows up when the starter kill is activated. I've wired it to operate my drivers side window & sunroof. It worked fine at first, but lately, it doesn't always shut off once the sunroof is closed, and I can hear the motor continuing to run. The only way to stop it is to disarm the system.

Is there anything I can do to correct this? I suspect that the unit isn't detecting enough of a change in voltage to realize that the sunroof is completely closed, so it continues to supply current to the motor. Could this be due to the fact that the sunroof motor is old (it still works, but quite slowly and sounds like it's straining)?

·
Registered
488 Posts
There should be a small panel that can be removed from the module that lets you adjust the amoutn of back presure it takes to shut the module off. if there isn't then you might have to replace it with a DEI 530T module. They have a back pressure adjustment on them.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A back pressure adjustment sounds like a good idea. Unfortunately, this model doesn't have one (it claims to be 'smart' enough to shut down as soon as it 'detects' the window is closed or obstructed.) Do you know what kind of component is adjusted? I was thinking if it's a potentiometer or something maybe I could crack the case and adjust it manually. Or could an extra resistor somewhere help?

·
Registered
488 Posts
That's what I thought it would be. It works fine for windows with directly driven assemblies but isn't the greatest for worm drives like that on the sunroof. What I would suggest is maybe adding a small magnetic switch to the sunroof that will trigger a disconnect for the motor when the sunroof is all the way closed. I don't think you'll be able to adjust the presure switch in the module itself.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I suspected the different motor operation had something to do with it, as the driver side window motor shuts off abruptly when it closes. A magnetic switch is a good idea, I might try that. I emailed bulldog about this and their respose was that I had a bad unit, and to send it in for a replacement. I'm not sure if a new unit will solve my problem though, so it's probably not worth it. Thanks again Greg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts