Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The window on my 93 mx6 fell straight through, I took a closer look and saw the regulator was all tangled up and snapped, I replaced that to realize that the roller guides within the window disintegrated and fell to the bottom of the door panel. I've searched for a few hours trying to find the part, it is discontinued but not even aftermarkets seem to have them. Does anybody know any solutions for this? I've also went to the nearby Lowes and Home Depot among a few other crafts stores in order to attempt to make something work.

·
Super Moderator
2,132 Posts
You're gonna be hard pressed short of calling an automotive window/glass shop to see if they have a solution. As these cars age its unfortunate there isnt any more pieces like this available. You may be able to 3d print the parts or have someone do that. I recall in one of the facebook Ford Probe/Mazda Owners groups a guy was offering pieces to fix the probes windows. Not sure is it interchangeable but between remaking them, having a glass shop make or try a repair, or buying a used window... its gonna be a difficult fix.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Dunno. Maybe the window rollers are similar to some other Mazda (or Ford)? Might be worth going to a pick & pull junkyard and seeing what you can find.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you were fortunate enough to find the window regualtors with motors, that is a good start. Are you talking about the brass pieces that attach to the bottom of the windows where the holes are ? Or about the steel vertical guides, where the equipment goes up and down ?
Have you tried ebay ?

I replaced my window regulators last year. I accumulated some extra brass pieces, and think I have some of those steel guides too.

Also, the rubber circles that fit onto the brass pieces, that keep the window from wobbling are easy to make yourself.

Like your handle....just had a baked potato last night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts