Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know exactly why our switches go bad. I've had my switch torn apart and can't find the damn problem. I know its not just simple connections. Its something in the springs i thikn but can't figure out what.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Mine died too and I rewired it so the two windows go up together. Let me know if you want some more details on it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah u told me that one time when i asked back on yahoo club. but before i got to try that both the up switches went bad so i'm screwed there unless i make driver side down be drivers side down, and passenger side down be driver side up. lol that would suck but i'd have a window atleast. but i still wish i knew what was wrong w/ it

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry, didn't realize you were the same guy. But you're not going to believe this, my other up switch is starting to go now, too. I plan on making the junk yard run this weekend, and if I can't fine one I'm either going to bend over and get it from the dealer or redo the whole wiring so they go up and down together on both down switches. Too many things starting to go wrong...:(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good luck at the junk yard

i've tried 4 different junk yards and found a total of 2 mx6's. One was completely totalled adn stripped, no switches or anythign, and the other was a piece of shit but still had everything on it except the switch i needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts