Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to school this morning and i tried to put my driver side window down but nothing happened. The switch just wobbles back and forth and doesnt click into place. I called my local mazda dealer and they want $140 for a new switch. You gotta be crazy i said. Does anyone know where i could find a switch for a 93 LS?

G

·
junk yard...

I think u can find those switches in a junk yard...Try out the junk yard nearest you that sell foreign car parts...Also i think the ford probe's swithces fit....Good luck

G

·
The same thing happened to me two years ago. I took out the switch, took it apart and used superglue on the plastic part that broke off, I have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can get them from a junkyard but if I were you I'd just buy a new one. I know it's a lot of money but, It's kind of "iffy" buying electrical parts from junkyards. Mine went out about 5 mos. ago and I had to buy a new one so I feel ya on the price.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
You may want to try to take the switch apart to see exactly what broke? I thought my sunroof switch broke once before (5 hours from home, with it opened of course!) but it turned out to only be the $2.15 button.

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks for all the replies guys. SInce it is raining heavily today i wont be going out to any junks yards or taking my switch apart but i will be doing that soon. Atleast the window is stuck in the up position and its getting cold here in PA...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts