Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've said this before... my car has spent her entire life in Florida until now. Naturally she is tastefully tinted all around. This morning I went to get my NJ driver's license and right after I had the car inspected. It failed inspection and I'm really steamed about it. Florida, I remind you, never requires vehicle inspections. Why did it fail? 2 reasons: modest window tint on front windows and quote "visible smoke." I'm more upset about the smoke because there isn't any! It was from a beater nissan that was getting inspection in front of me that was smoking so bad. Since it was blowing back to my car, they nailed me for it even though I passed the emmissions test with flying colors. It's a conspiracy! Now I have 45 days to fix nothing on my emissions. Why me? Visible smoke... what is that? If a car passes an emissions test, then what's the problem?

OK back to the tint issue. Obviously, I have to remove it. How is this done? With a hairdryer or do you just pull it off? I'll miss that tint. :(

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Do yourself a favor and go to one of my mechanics who just check your RPM's and then gives you a 2 year inspection sticker for $80 beans. Screw inspection... They fail your car for the most ridiculous things in the world. Even though my car would probably pass emissions, I still just get it done through him. Just go in there, slap the sensor on my windshield, rev her up, get sticker, go home. Keep your tint and your non-excisting smoke and you're done.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
2Rusty said:
Ah! That's what I wanted to hear. Can you hook me up? I'm willing to travel. E-mail me where he's at.

[email protected]
This dude is located on 70th street ans Kennedy blvd in North Bergen. I forget the name of the shop. If you're planning on coming up, just let me know and we'll meet someplace and I'll take you to him.

·
Registered
475 Posts
All I have to say is, Welcome to New Jersey!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JP is Saturday good for you? I see you've got a tech job like me, so I'm guessing you are a 9 - 5, M - F guy like me.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
2Rusty said:
JP is Saturday good for you? I see you've got a tech job like me, so I'm guessing you are a 9 - 5, M - F guy like me.
This weekend I'm going away for memorial day. If anything it would have to be next saturday. Gimme a call on my cell and we'll discuss.

G

·
cool...

If you are really serious about tinting your car but afraid of Nj tinting laws and cops pulling you over for tinted windows i got the solution, what you do is go to the doctors office and tell him that you have a hard time driving because of the glare and excessive sunlight..and so the doctor will prescribe you to tint your windows... and then the doctor will tell the insurance company and everything will go good from then on.. so whenever a cop pulls you over alls you have to do is show a special card from your insurance company and he will let you go..i know this sounds stupid because when i heard this i started laughing but i did research on it and it works..

G

·
Don't want to sound rude, but a doctor would prescribe prescription sunglasses way before they would tell you to tint your windows. Besides, New Jersey and Pa cops in smaller towns have nothing to do and will pull you over for tint. In the larger towns, the cops are too busy to bother with tint.

If the tint is giving you a hard time at inspection, then take the tint off the front windows (that's what counts at inspection). After the car passes inspection, then put the tint back on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts