Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to do it myself? I've seen people doing a sloopy job on rear window defroster/defogger. How do I avoid problems without paying over $100 for my rear window?

thanx,

Max

·
Registered
511 Posts
check around - where i live for $100 they'll do a 2-door car and come with a lifetime guarantee. so when it gets messed up you just go back.

its very cheap if you do it yourself but a big PITA

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I gave it a go. ( Luckily I only bought a small lenth of tint)

I then paid to have it done. :) say no more

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
surfstar

what's PITA?

So, there is absolutely no way to do it myself without a messup? WHat about that film that you apply without windex and can peel off whenever you need and then stick it back on, etc. Autozone sell smthn like that - peel it back for winter, and stick it back on for summer...:confused:

is the tint that effective against heating interior, cause I won't pay 100 bills just for "cool' looks.

Thanx for your time and advice, guys.

Max

·
Registered
93 Posts
Once you drive with tint, you will never want to drive another car without it. Day or Night, Winter or summer, doesn't matter. I convinced my parents to tint their new car finally, and even they agree with me (now tinting there other vehicle)
But get it done professionaly, every home done job looks like shit...and will bubble at some point.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

Thanx everyone.
I'm just kinda broke right now. Tomorrow is the timing belt/water pump change and radiator flush day. I'll try to do it myself for $130 worth of parts. Mazda will charge $550 for all!:(

Happy motoring,

Max.})

1 - 7 of 7 Posts